GT500 TB

whatmyname

Reaction score
Will the Gt500 TB fit without the adapter? Would I benefit from the adapter? I do not want to spend/do not have the $90.

I hate to do this, and yes, I have searched high and low for an answer. I keep getting half the answers yes, and half the answers no. It is driving me insane. And for those who have seen this question time and time again, I truly apologize.

Synister500

Reaction score
Will it fit, no.

Do you have to have it, yes.

If you can't afford to do it, leave it stock.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unless you modding air flow in as well it's a waste.

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
gt500 TB bolt pattern is different. Don't spend the money on going from a stock TB, to a stock gt500 with the adapter...WASTE.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Using a Dremel, it will fit. The bolts that hold on the gt throttle body are a hair closer together than the gt500. using a Dremel you can make the holes slightly bigger and it will fit. I'm using a gt500 tb on my C&L intake.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
frankly if you want a larger tb id go with something that fits the factory bolt holes. the bbk tb is about the same price as a gt500tb kit and the bbk is larger and fit ent is better for your intake

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
A brand new GT500 throttle body can be had complete with electronics for $120. That's hard to compete with.

With some slight modifications it can fit the stock intake. Whether it's worth it or not, is a different story. I don't have any back to back tests to suggest one way or another.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, you can use a GT500 throttle body. You need to make the holes more oval shaped by drilling them out slightly. But yes, it will work without the adapter plate.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
Using a Dremel, it will fit. The bolts that hold on the gt throttle body are a hair closer together than the gt500. using a Dremel you can make the holes slightly bigger and it will fit. I'm using a gt500 tb on my C&L intake.

i used this method for about 6 months before i got my BBK. Worked great but didnt feel any different than stock. no dyno numbers or significant road course info on it other than it is a tiny hair bigger in bore size.

i used a 5/8 IIRC drill bit in a drill press to make the holes. worked like a charm. also make sure you get a bigger throttle body adapter for your CAI as most dont fit. BBR sells one that i used for like 40 bucks, but i feel you can find one on ebay or such for about $20-30...

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Unless you modding air flow in as well it's a waste.

Why would you say that?
wouldnt a larger TB combined with a larger CAI get xtr HP?

I dont think it would be a total waste.
and it may be a good step for Upgrades in the future :)

053vstang

Reaction score
What about a gt500 TB with the Ford Racing intake manifold? Do you still need to drill the mounting holes out a little, or buy the adapter plate?

I am assuming the answer is yes, but since were talking about it, I thought I'd ask. I tried searching a while back but couldnt really find an answer.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Why would you say that?
wouldnt a larger TB combined with a larger CAI get xtr HP?

I dont think it would be a total waste.
and it may be a good step for Upgrades in the future :)

The stock tb flows 875 cfm IIRC. The only way to exceed that is with a positive displacement blower. A centri or turbo will push the air into the tb making the cfm rating irrelevant. A positve displacement like a twin screw sucks air in and will see a restriction at high boost levels.

This is why a larger tb won't net much gain.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
What about a gt500 TB with the Ford Racing intake manifold? Do you still need to drill the mounting holes out a little, or buy the adapter plate?

I am assuming the answer is yes, but since were talking about it, I thought I'd ask. I tried searching a while back but couldnt really find an answer.

You assume correct

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

The GT500 throttle body won't fit a Ford Racing intake without an adaptor. Sure you could really do some cutting and use silicone as a gasket, but it would be pointless. The plates don't open all the way without hitting the manifold. And there's no way that gasket is going to seal.

Here is why:

a0981bec.jpg

bd5b2a8e.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back