Guess who's on the dyno?

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats 13# in 100* heat. Mark put the picture up of the dyno temp.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Don IMO its like a zoomed part of the graph
I realize that... but why bother posting just part of the chart. The area under the whole curve is what important -- not the peak numbers. Peak numbers are for magazines and dyno queens. :roflmao:

Thats the convertor flashing.
Huh? I was asking about the 75% of the chart that was missing. Where is the 3000rpm band from 2500 to 5400????

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Huh? I was asking about the 75% of the chart that was missing. Where is the 3000rpm band from 2500 to 5400????

This car gets under WOT at 3K rpm's the dyno will not read it until the convertor grabs? This is why its best to post speed instead of engine rpm with a aftermarket convertor. You can see the car started at a lower rpm since it was at 70 mph. You really dont think at 70mph the car is at 5400 rpms? I cna ask Greg to overlay the curves from the first time here to know if you wish?
speedgraph.jpg

don_w

Reaction score
Ed, maybe you aren't understanding my question. Even though you now posted the "speed", it still isn't showing anything under 5400rpm. The curves have to cross at 5252, and since they don't, its obvious it's still only the top end.

Looking at only the top 25% of the graph, is like looking at only the top of a picture in "The Club". The stuff down below is more important. :thumb:

Attachments

• c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Don, how can I make the dyno read the RPM lower if I am going WOT at 3k rpm's? I have no control where the sample picks up. Listen to the video and you can hear the car at a steady 3k then right to WOT. I could really give a damn what the numbers say anyways, I just care about the a/f. Like Eduardo said its just the way its reading because of the trans.. If he tightens the convertor up some more it will read a lower rpm. Personally I would get rid of that convertor and get something else. The convertor in V6shelby would flash up just like this one. Also what rpm's are you at going down the track?

Mark, I am still waiting on the other FJO box to get here. If it doesnt show in the next 30 min. I am calling it a night and finish it up later tomorrow :bigbeer:

don_w

Reaction score
Maybe I'm dense, but are you saying that it instantaneously goes from 3000 to 5400rpm, and there is no data or curve below that?

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ed, maybe you aren't understanding my question. Even though you now posted the "speed", it still isn't showing anything under 5400rpm. The curves have to cross at 5252, and since they don't, its obvious it's still only the top end.

What rpm would this car be at 70mph?

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
I am afraid to say but don is right, the graph should cross unless it is jumping from 3k to 5.4k Unless it is constantly slipping and then sudendly tightening up but that wouldn't be to great for traction. Either way I am more interested on what block it is.

Last edited:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don, Like you said before, the dyno is only to make sure the car gets tuned properly, let's get MARK to take that bitch to the track and see the ET results from it.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
he has a rebuilt AOD from Tony and a TCS (Arizona) converter.

I personally think they never get it right, Its the same brand converter was on the trans on my silver car and then was on Greg's V6Shelby, It took the power however it flashed to high.

Last edited:

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Don we are here still waiting on the FJO so I made another pull at a lower rpm and sampled the pull early. Now we hit 660 rwhp on 13 psi :thumb:

Mark660rwhp.jpg

I will put the vid up in a bit showing the dyno sample screen. :beer:

GI Joe

Reaction score
that converter is waaaay too loose for that T/S power adder....
I think he will blow through it under heavy load on the big end......

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
that converter is waaaay too loose for that T/S power adder....
I think he will blow through it under heavy load on the big end......

I agree with you, it to lose, but just run it. Its true what Ed said, V6shelby blew through just like that. Personally I would get a Lentech, Niel Chance, or Continental.

BTW change the OSS holes to 6 for the speedo.

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
Notice the green on the bottom right before the pull. This means the dyno is sampling. Watch the tach jump to 5k. Its nothing I can control, just a lose convertor as stated many post ago :beer:

Back