Have a fitment question

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Ok the facts:
I have a 2013 Mustang GT
I purchased the MMD rear decklid panel from AM. Link to part below
http://m.americanmuscle.com/mmd-decklid-panel-1314.html
Instructions are clear and easy. You transfer the faux gas cap from the stock deck lid to the MMD panel. That is the hardest part of the install.

What I want to do is leave my stock panel intact if I ever want to go back. Also I want to put the tribar Pony faux cap on the new MMD panel. It will give me what I want and make install even easier.

I checked with Steve at tasca and they only list the whole deck lid for the 13-14 as a replacement part and is $300

I also found this part that is listed for the 10-12's and is just the cap. And less then half the cost.
http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/ar3z6342528a

I found on another forum where someone wanted to do the same thing as me and confirmed with someone at Tasca it would fit the 13-14. But that person was not Steve apparently bc he couldn't confirm. And that forum member ended up not doing it bc of the cost.

So my question is can anyone confirm for me what I to do will work for certain?

Thanks for any help.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Ok after doing some tiring research on this looking at many photos and angles between the parts in question, with out buying the 10-12 part and trying, I don't think it will work. I came to this conclusion. Trunks seem to be basically the same between 10-14. The major difference being on the 10-12 there is no panel. The faux cap went directly on the trunk itself. The 13-14 there is a panel and the faux cap stuck onto that and obviously all the holes the panel clips into. And the panel went on the the deck lid. So the alignment pegs are different between the two faux caps. I'm pretty confident I could make it work if I got the 10-12 cap and modified the back and removed all said alignment pegs and just used 3M tape to stick it to my MMD panel. But with an average cost of $120-150 I don't think the cost is worth it to really take a chance and have to modify it anyway. So instead maybe I'll try and find a used rear deck lid panel off a 13-14 V6 in good shape for under $100 and just transfer that cap off of it and put it on my MMD panel. This way I get to keep my stock GT one intact.

I created a WTB thread for one.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back