HellsBells going back to noob

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
So...I have a question that kind of brings me back to even before square one here, but I thought I'd ask...

Can anyone recommend me an offroad H pipe? Yes, one that mates to the stock manifolds for a 2009 GT? I have a Pypes one and it was always crooked. Today, I had the great fortune of going up a really steep driveway that dipped right after its "crest" and it ripped my exhaust right off.

Also will be replacing my over axle pipes -- BruceH showed me some on Rockauto, anyone have experience with them?

Not looking for anything fancy, must mate to 2.5" axlebacks so let's keep it 2.5"

My current plan is: Jegs offroad H + those rock auto over axle pipes (they will be going to my Corsa axlebacks)

</noob>

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've bought many parts, including exhaust parts, from Rock Auto. Never had any problems, and their prices are really good. Google "Rock Auto Coupon" and you can get a code for 5% off.

The exhaust parts I got weren't for a Mustang.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I have a stock one you can cut the cats off of :naughty1:
Too much work :p

I've bought many parts, including exhaust parts, from Rock Auto. Never had any problems, and their prices are really good. Google "Rock Auto Coupon" and you can get a code for 5% off.

The exhaust parts I got weren't for a Mustang.

Sweet, I'll probably just do that. Looks like there are no offroad H pipes on rockauto though?

what about the jba h ? lot of people get that one..just throwing another brand besides pypes out there.

Will look into it!

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
oh well, it was gonna be free to you:)

When I had my stang, the Pypes was a good piece for me. no complaints at all!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey! That fucker was straight when I had it! Hahaha!

If I were to do it again, I'd go Pypes again or Long Tubes.

Fuckin guy!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Your car looks low.....really low. But its freaking awesome looking. Have you ever measured its lowest point?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I had a summit pipe and it never seemed seal right. I'd look into a prochamber if funds allow it.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Your car looks low.....really low. But its freaking awesome looking. Have you ever measured its lowest point?

its got air on it, so yes it is sexy low :D

the signature for him and me are completly aired out so we dont drive that low, but his driving height is still damn low

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
I thought he had coil overs? Maybe I missed a thread where he sold the coil overs or something... :dunce:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
na hes got air, checkout some of his posts in Airlift section talking about it, but I cant find an actual thread saying "hey look what i did" :p

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
na hes got air, checkout some of his posts in Airlift section talking about it, but I cant find an actual thread saying "hey look what i did" :p

I thought he had coil overs? Maybe I missed a thread where he sold the coil overs or something... :dunce:

Sold them and decided to try the Air Ride. Definitely has it's ups and downs (no pun intended) but hey, it's not bad for what it is.

I had a summit pipe and it never seemed seal right. I'd look into a prochamber if funds allow it.

That's an idea but at this point I just can't be bothered to throw more money at the car. Does a prochamber make it quieter? That I would be interested in.

Generally the front lip has about 3", that's probably the lowest point. Usually isn't an issue if you drive at an angle or just hit the switches. All the way aired down, the Kmember touches the ground. This is my "ride height", it's what the alignment is set for.

DSC_6786.jpg

Hey! That fucker was straight when I had it! Hahaha!

If I were to do it again, I'd go Pypes again or Long Tubes.

Fuckin guy!

Pfft! Totally crooked! Not enough to care but hey, my over axles are all messed up so might as well replace it all :crazy:

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
Yes the prochamber will quiet it down. It sorta acts like a 3rd muffler imo. I have a prochamber with kr500s and long tubes. Are you catless? I've seen some people complain about them being too quiet with cats, but I wouldn't know since I don't have cats.

Sent from my helicopter

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Yes the prochamber will quiet it down. It sorta acts like a 3rd muffler imo. I have a prochamber with kr500s and long tubes. Are you catless? I've seen some people complain about them being too quiet with cats, but I wouldn't know since I don't have cats.

Sent from my helicopter

Looked at the prochamber, damn that thing is expensive...

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I have a prochamber but it would have to be welded in where the h portion is, I reused the O/R portion. I'm willing to sell it if you want.

It does quiet the car down quite a bit. It basically is, like another said, an additional muffler. It gives a chambered sound to a non-chambered muffler.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I have a prochamber but it would have to be welded in where the h portion is, I reused the O/R portion. I'm willing to sell it if you want.

It does quiet the car down quite a bit. It basically is, like another said, an additional muffler. It gives a chambered sound to a non-chambered muffler.

Shoot me a price and some pics!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back