Help me pick springs and dampeners for D.D.

db4z

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I don't post much on the forum but have been on here reading for quite a while and I'm having a hard time finding much concrete information about specific dampeners and to a lesser extent springs. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
My mustang (50k miles) is my daily driver and I do a lot of commuting right now I was wondering if with a good set of shocks/struts and maybe springs if I could improve ride comfort without sacrificing at least stock levels of handling? <o:p></o:p>
I know tokico D's are pretty popular and are fairly cheap for having adjustability which I like, but I've also heard good things about Koni which makes the sport series, with adjustable rebound, and they also have a line called "FSD" or frequency sensitive. The Koni FSD's have a note "to be used on stock height springs only" which if they really deliver that would be worth it. Otherwise I won't mind putting in some very mild lowering springs maybe FRPP "P" 1" springs or steeda sport 1/1.25 springs at the same time I change the dampeners. Any other springs out there more mild than those? I really don't want anything lower than that for various reasons. <o:p></o:p>
Also, does anyone know what the spring rates and drop are for the Bullitt springs? I've had a hard time finding much info on them. Maybe if they were a little stiffer or shorter than the stock GT's I could use them with the Koni FSD's to get what I'm after? <o:p></o:p>
I guess my confusion lies in I have no baseline dampening rates to compare the various choices available. Are the lowest rates on the Tokico D's still higher than the stock dampeners? How do Koni's compare? I know springs and dampeners need to be tuned together so really the tokico D's would give me the best chance to "match" whatever springs I end up using, because I don't think there's any comfort oriented spring/dampener packages out there.<o:p></o:p>
Sorry for the long post, but I would really appreciate some input. I'm finishing up my mechanical engineering master's degree and I am very picky about knowing exactly what I'm getting-so the typical "Works great with lowering springs," or "greatly improves handling" description just doesn't cut it for me. Thanks.<o:p></o:p>

db4z

Reaction score
Sorry mods, somehow put this in the wrong section. Would you mind moving it to corner carving? Thanks

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
eibach prokit and tockico HP blue's......great streetable but still provides good handling

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back