Help with Aeroforce wideband firewire install.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got my aeroforce wideband and boost sensor installed. Now I need to add a firewire so that I can datalog my A/F. I emailed aeroforce for directions on how to wire in the firewire, but they never emailed me back. I searched the forum, nothing turned up. Has anyone added a firewire to their aeroforce wideband? If so, please let me know how.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Finally got my aeroforce wideband and boost sensor installed. Now I need to add a firewire so that I can datalog my A/F. I emailed aeroforce for directions on how to wire in the firewire, but they never emailed me back. I searched the forum, nothing turned up. Has anyone added a firewire to their aeroforce wideband? If so, please let me know how.

It's been covered a few times. A search should turn it up. Basically you just cut a firewire cable in half and splice one wire to the output of your aeroforce, the wire that runs analog to the gauge.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
I have both aeroforce analog's hooked up, one for wideband and one for the boost sensor. So can I hook up both analog's to the firewire? It looks like orange to analog 1, red to analog 2, but what about the white wire? Do I have to hook the firewire to a power source? As for the ground, which wire(or wires), as there are three grounds in a six pin firewire(the black ground; the blue analog 1 ground; and the green analog 2 ground) am I going ground?

LWFirewire_zpsd8484a12.jpg

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Got the SCT firewire hooked up using the chart above and some help from Redrocket06(thanks again!). Had to track down the conversion data for getting the aeroforce wideband to work with the live link. Conversion data is: (v*2)+10.
Still trying to figure out how to get data converted so that the gm 2 bar map can be data logged. It's showing up in the livelink, but not in numbers that I can use. Livelink has a built in conversion for the gm 2 bar map, which I used, but it still does not show up as vacuum/boost. If anyone reading this has got it to work, please let me know.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
^^^ Ahhhh, thanks! I was just looking for this info. Much appreciated.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with SCT tech support. Turns out, my analog 2(GM 2 bar map) was displaying as KPA in my LiveLink. To convert KPA to PSI you multiply it by: .14503773773020923. The SCT configuration data for GM 2 bar map sensor is (V*39.75)+9; for SCT to display in PSI you have to multiply both by .14503773773020913. Ending up with: (V*5.7625)+1.30533 as your configuration data for the SCT LiveLink.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back