Hooked on Driving

latch5

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone attended one of their events? http://www.hookedondriving.com/
Would like to get some feed back as they are opening a franchise here in the PNW. Mostly curious if the have enough rules to run a safe event without too many rules to cut into the fun factor.
Most of the clubs in the Portland area have scaled back the number of events (bad economy cut into participation last year) so I'm thinking Hooked on Driving could be worth supporting.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I instruct with the Great Lakes region, and it's a quality, safe program, with a decent amount of track time. They run a pretty typical "pass with a point, designated areas only" format, which is plenty safe, but if you're a very experienced driver used to open passing (no point, pass anywhere), it may be a bit restrictive. I wouldn't let that hold you back from signing up, though. ANY seat time is valuable!

argonaut

forum member
Reaction score
I've run with the Northeast franchise a number of time. Well organized, good coaching, safe and a decent amount of track time. I don't know how each region does their pricing but I have found them to be on the high side for track day organizers in my area.

GR40Freak

Stig's American Cousin
Reaction score
I'm a coach for the Norcal Region. And was a customer previously. Best group I've ever run with.

Colin