Horsepower on 93

jlawm3

Reaction score
Just curious as to what power everyone that is running 93 pump gas is making? As I posted in my new guy introduction, I lost the motor on my 2011 and am currently having MPR build the next one. I am also using Power by the Hour to do some work. I was originally planning on doing the Fore triple pump fuel system to run E85 but since have decided not to go that route right now due to cost of the system and there being only one e85 pump in my area (25 minutes away). My mods list will be:

MPR built shortblock
Vmp tvs 2.3l
Arh longtube headers
Ati 5% od balancer
Custom grind blower cams
Bmr Springs
Bmr LCA'S with relocation brackets
Tokico D Spec adjustables
Gt500 Mounts

I was running 93 with torco and the 75 mm pulley on the tvs making 13-14 lbs of boost. I am planning on going back to the 79 mm pulley since I don't really trust the torco mixture.

How much power should my car make with this set up? Any suggestions?

James

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Have you talked to PBH to see what they think the car will roughly put down? What CR did you go with?

BTW.....This belongs in chit-chat more so than tech.

jlawm3

Reaction score
Have you talked to PBH to see what they think the car will roughly put down? What CR did you go with?

BTW.....This belongs in chit-chat more so than tech.

I didn't, I have spoken with Ken about the fuel and boost but we never talked about what it would make. It should come in around 10.25 to 10.5-1

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, mods please move.

jlawm3

Reaction score
410/380 RW here. N/A.

Thanks! I am trying to figure out what I am gonna get from the cams and headers but also I am dropping boost and compression. Before I went to the 75 mm pulley on 93 and torco, I ran the 79 mm pulley on 93 and made 631/544. It kinda sucks having a motor that can handle a ton more power and not having the fuel to make it. One e85 pump 25 minutes away and my car not being driven sometimes for a week doesn't justify the cost of the system.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Do a meth kit.

Not a stang, but my vette did 918rwhp on 91 octane no meth, and 1100+ with meth injection.

jlawm3

Reaction score
Do a meth kit.

Not a stang, but my vette did 918rwhp on 91 octane no meth, and 1100+ with meth injection.

I've thought about doing meth,Think I will look more into it.

I made about 700 to the tire with a 2.3 whipple, 11.5lbs of boost, jlt, LT's, id1000s, and a bap on 93.

I have a bap but run the id 725's. I asked about switching to the 1000's but was told they wouldn't make much difference with 93 only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm making 700rwhp on an MPR motor with 13lbs from a ProCharger. Justin Korkiner has your exact same combo. He can tell you exactly what yours will make.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Anyways, Meth is great. I actually like meth+pump more than e85.

Nah, more things to fail. Now for people who don't have E85 available then it's a viable option IMO.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I really don't. My car was supercharged at 2000 miles. At 8000 I out a motor in lol. It didnt blow but I didn't want to wait for it either.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back