How difficult to change CHMD plates

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
(#1) I have built my share of motors and for the most part know my way around the engine compartment

(#2) What kind of RWHP gain should I expect with charge delete plates and under pullies.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Delete plates are easy to change.
with basic knowledge of an engine it took me about an hour to change mine, the next day I changed them on my son's car in about 45 min.
I would guess with delete plates and pulleys you would be looking at about 10-12 RWHP.

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
May I ask approximately how much you would get with just delete plates? I am installing mine shortly.

Also, any idea of what you get with just the pulleys?

I am also curious what kind of gains I would look at with the following additions (all fitted):

Delete Plates
3,73 gearing (from 3.31 '07 gears)
Shorty headers and X pipe
CAI and aggressive tune

I know its hard to calculate but i am just curious.....and very new to modding

thanks

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CMDPs and underdrive pullies knocked a solid 2/10ths off my quarter mile times.

Last edited:

06 Saleen wana-be

Reaction score
also you need a tune with delete plates. I just put mine on a few days ago and i felt more tq then hp really. Havnt been to the track yet though.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I went conservative and figured the delete plates and pullies were worth .17 off my times. Good mods in my opinion.

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Its once in a blue moon we get to go on a drag strip here hence my asking for approximate HP figures. I have no idea what the improvements will mean to me in terms of timings as I have had 0 experience on it here.

I do however hope to get soem soon enough.

matt texass

Reaction score
just make sure you have an inch pound torque wrench down to 83 inch pounds..... did mine last week really easy

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
I have just started asking around here to buy or borrow one. I think its an easy install but I just need the wrench as the most complex tool - thanks Bro!

Anyone got approximate HP figures for the above?

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have just started asking around here to buy or borrow one. I think its an easy install but I just need the wrench as the most complex tool - thanks Bro!

Anyone got approximate HP figures for the above?

I don't have exact HP figures, but 2/10ths+ for the costs and ease of installation is huge. If I had to guess? 10-20 RWTQ for the two mods. TQ wins the races while HP gets the credit.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And here's a write up just in case. Everything is good with it except for disconnecting the fuel lines. No need for that. Just pull out the injectors and flip the fuel harness from the passenger side, over the plenum, and lay it upside down, out of the way on the drivers side.

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10325/CMCVdelete.pdf

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back