How do I install 60lb injectors on a 2.3 whipple

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I purchased a used polished 2.3 Whipple H.O. super charger complete kit and it came with 60lb Siemens injectors, my question since these are the long style injectors, how do i use them on the whipple far as clearance? Until i looked up the number on the injector I didn't realize it was 60 lb and long style instead of the short ones. any info would be so appreciated..

Attachments

• fuel injector.jpg
    fuel injector.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 3

07 Boss

Reaction score
If it is was a complete kit it should have had fuel rails or whatever to use the injectors. How did the previous owner have it set up?

I suppose you could get longer mounting bolts and make a spacer to raise the fuel rails, or maybe someone makes fuel rails that you can just bolt up, but I would just get the right injectors. I don't know if that would cause any interference/clearance issues with any of the other plumbing/wiring as I can't remember how mine was before I re-plumbed everything.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Went to go look at some pictures to see If there would be any issues and I found this. This is where the stock FRPS tucks underneath the intake tube. If you run taller injectors I forsee clearance issues.

I suppose if you are dead set on using them you would have to go to an aftermarket fuel set up that you can delete or move the FRPS unit, then I suppose you could run them. i have this Aeromotive set up and I moved the sensor over to the side on the fender.

But you know what bro? Just go get the right injectors.

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
just use spacers and longer bolts. works just fine.

ford racing made a spacer kit at one time, not sure if they still do.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
If it is was a complete kit it should have had fuel rails or whatever to use the injectors. How did the previous owner have it set up?

I suppose you could get longer mounting bolts and make a spacer to raise the fuel rails, or maybe someone makes fuel rails that you can just bolt up, but I would just get the right injectors. I don't know if that would cause any interference/clearance issues with any of the other plumbing/wiring as I can't remember how mine was before I re-plumbed everything.

Don't know how other person set it up, it was shipped to me this way.. I'll figure something out, thanks for the info..

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Think I have it figured out, going to switch the fuel rails around, reroute the fuel line and vacuum lines, and make some spacers. little test fitting to see how it will look.

Attachments

• whipple test1.jpg
    whipple test1.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 5
  • whipple test2.jpg
    whipple test2.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Whipple test3.jpg
    Whipple test3.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 2

07 Boss

Reaction score
Think I have it figured out, going to switch the fuel rails around, reroute the fuel line and vacuum lines, and make some spacers. little test fitting to see how it will look.

Well that was a pretty good solution. Nice thinking.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Well that was a pretty good solution. Nice thinking.

Thank you, yes I was looking at it and thought I'll just see what it looks like , so just did test fitting and all of a sudden it hit me, switch the fuel rail locations.. and just measure the space to make my own spacers, keeps me from buying some..my local hardware store has all kinds of spacers and all different sizes,,:party36:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back