How much is a McLeod RXT clutch for a 2010 GT500?

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Think I might wanna do this before swapping to a smaller pulley....

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Around $900 Plus Shipping..

you must change the flywheel when going with this clutch, the stock flywheel will not work with it, if you do street only or drag racing go with a light steel flywheel, if you do road racing go with a fidanza aluminum flywheel.

Ed

wazme

Reaction score
is there any1 who can help me with the body layout of 2010 Mustang GT 500 plssssssss

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
What's the difference between these two units?

http://www.lethalperformance.com/tr...rxt-street-twin-disc-clutch-26-spline-p-30508

http://www.lethalperformance.com/tr...street-twin-disc-clutchsteel-flywheel-p-30510

It also says you need a new slave cylinder as well.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...helby-gt500-adjustable-slave-cylinder-p-27891

I'm assuming this is the flywheel needed for street use.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...gt500-lightened-steel-flywheel-8-bolt-p-30517

This is assuming that McLeod doesn't have a 2010-11 specific unit yet.

Last edited:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Around $900 Plus Shipping..

you must change the flywheel when going with this clutch, the stock flywheel will not work with it, if you do street only or drag racing go with a light steel flywheel, if you do road racing go with a fidanza aluminum flywheel.

Ed

Thanks for the info, Ed. Why is the light steel good for drag racing and why is the aluminum fidanza better for road racing? I don't go to either type of track, but I guess I'd fall into the drag-racing category since that's essentially what I'd be doing against an uglymero on the street...

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Wow:
"Before we wrap up this section on flywheels, it's worth looking at just how much weight we would have to remove from the car itself to equal the effect of the 20-pound-lighter flywheel. If the heavy flywheel was retained, then the car--to equal the First-gear acceleration given by the light flywheel--would have to be reduced by 272 pounds. The equivalency figure for Second gear would be 187 pounds; Third, 127 pounds; and Fourth, 98 pounds. At this point, we think we can safely say lighter is better!"

I dare say a McLeod clutch and aluminum Fidanza flywheel are going to be the next upprade....

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
Wow:
"Before we wrap up this section on flywheels, it's worth looking at just how much weight we would have to remove from the car itself to equal the effect of the 20-pound-lighter flywheel. If the heavy flywheel was retained, then the car--to equal the First-gear acceleration given by the light flywheel--would have to be reduced by 272 pounds. The equivalency figure for Second gear would be 187 pounds; Third, 127 pounds; and Fourth, 98 pounds. At this point, we think we can safely say lighter is better!"

I dare say a McLeod clutch and aluminum Fidanza flywheel are going to be the next upprade....

Why not the McLeod flywheel as well? Wouldn't be better to use the same company for both?

Last edited:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RXT with the McLeod steel flywheel here. I used to have a Ram clutch and Ram aluminum flywheel, and I like this combo better for the street. RPMs stay more manageable.

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
We still have a Mcleod group buy going for the next couple days ;)

blacknlte

Reaction score
Youll also need a throw out bearing from 07-09 cause the 2010 are different and the clutch companys havent made the design changes yet.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why not the McLeod flywheel as well? Wouldn't be better to use the same company for both?
that's a valid point....engineered compatibility and idle quality

Youll also need a throw out bearing from 07-09 cause the 2010 are different and the clutch companys havent made the design changes yet.
thanks...I'm sure Lethal can provide the whole enchilada at a competitive price.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back