How much to pay for a 2013 - 2014 mustang GT?

madmaxwell20

Reaction score
Im in alabama considering buying a average mileage 2013-2014 mustang GT with a manual trans. Is KBB value accurate or how much should I expect to pay?

JJ427R

Reaction score
I would say it depends on the condition of the car, mileage, history, etc....
Story time: couple years ago I was looking at a 2013 GT here in MN at a dealership. Car was advertised as excellent shape with low mileage, if I remember it had 20k+ miles on it. Went to check it out and it was in really nice shape externally but notice some odd things under the hood like it had mods and was put back to stock. I thought the motor had an odd tick too so told him I needed that checked out, he calls me the next day and tells me the lower end needs to be replaced and wonders if I'm still interested, but then says he may have to take the car off the market as he won't get his money back out of it! Few days later it was still listed on their site. My point is look it over very closely, take it for a drive and listen!

madmaxwell20

Reaction score
what is the price range I should be looking at and do you think prices will come down in the fall after all the stimmy checks and tax returns are burned throug?

JJ427R

Reaction score
Not sure of prices on those particular years right now, I think values are actually up a little on the used car market right now being strong. Prices on stangs and vettes are up in general now because of the extremely high prices of the GT500 and Corvette. KBB is usually pretty close on pricing.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
"We Buy Any Car" last year at this time offered me $19,000 for a 2014 Mustang GT with 15000 miles never in rain or snow. This year it was $22,500 with 17,500 miles. I do not know what I would do to replace it after test driving $60,000 cars. That is why the slight upgrades this winter of a Big Brake Kit, Boss Rear Sway Bar, Track Apps Cluster and maybe Brembo Wheels.

IM8.jpg

David M Miranda

Reaction score
My 2012 gt I just bought in December I paid 16,999 and it has 107000 miles on it. I'm in massachusetts and that's the cheapest 2011 to 2013 from here to new York

GDSQDCR

Reaction score
Last Sept I purchased a '12 GT Vert 6spd with a premium package and 84K miles for 16K out of Texas. It needed a new top, as it could not be repaired .. OUCH.

Gray5OH

Reaction score
It’s going to vary quite a bit depending on where your looking. Around me for a 13-14 stock in Ohio was pushing 20-22k for one clean with low mikes. I ended up getting a 13 gt with 92k miles, vmp gen2, and several other mods for $18,300. I got a truck and trailer and drove down to Florida to pick it up and made a mini vacation out of the deal. The miles was a little higher than what I was after, but buying one with some of the mods I wanted saved me several grand.

Nicholas G

Reaction score
Over in New Jersey the typical 13/14 is ranging from 20k-25k 40-100k miles I bought mine from a salvage auction for 11k did all my mods and am basically at 20k

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Last Sept I purchased a '12 GT Vert 6spd with a premium package and 84K miles for 16K out of Texas. It needed a new top, as it could not be repaired .. OUCH.

When I was restoring cars in the 90's, the cheapest part for a convertible was a new top and interior if the dash was OK. Carpets are very cheap. Next is the top and last is the seats if you stay away from leather.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Honda has stopped making cars and it looks like other brands will fall in line due to the shortage of chips. I wanted to change to a Shaker radio and the junkyard guy says he does not like selling Mustang radios as the brake lights go through the radio. Change the radio and your brake lights don't work. I had brake lights go out in Chevy Blazer on the way to Ocean City. Boy does it piss people off on a hot Friday afternoon in heavy traffic.

madmaxwell20

Reaction score
looking at one tomorrow for 19k 70k miles black it has one accident on the carfax where airbags deployed front collision happend around 40k miles 4 owners, is that good should I be weary of the airbags having been deployed?

Last edited:

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
looking at one tomorrow for 19k 70k miles black it has one accident on the carfax where airbags deployed front collision happend around 40k miles 4 owners, is that good should I be weary of the airbags having been deployed?
Some insurance companies say: Air Bags Deployed=Totaled Car.

AHaze

Reaction score
Airbags can deploy from relatively minor impacts. I bought my old New Edge with the airbags deployed and repaired it in my garage with basically nothing but a spot weld cutter, a MIG welder and a parts car. The previous owner drove it under the back end of a pickup so all of the damage was above the frame rails and the impact wasn't hard enough to crush or move the strut towers. I.E. no real structural damage. For me, those two items are bigger red flags than airbags that have been deployed.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score

Why spend $19k on a car with that history?

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Airbags can deploy from relatively minor impacts. I bought my old New Edge with the airbags deployed and repaired it in my garage with basically nothing but a spot weld cutter, a MIG welder and a parts car. The previous owner drove it under the back end of a pickup so all of the damage was above the frame rails and the impact wasn't hard enough to crush or move the strut towers. I.E. no real structural damage. For me, those two items are bigger red flags than airbags that have been deployed.
I think the thinking is, once the airbags go off, there is no reason to think they will go off a second time even if repaired. So the person who does the repair is responsible for them going off the second time. One thing paying for a $30,000 car. Another for paying a 30 million dollar settlement. Many junkyards do not sell airbags. Although they will sell an airbag seat damaged or undamaged.

Back