IAT Gauge? Or mod one to read this info?

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Hey,

I was chatting with CaliHPAddict a couple of days ago about putting in a SOS 2-gauge pillar with the Autometer DPSS gauge in one pod but no idea what to put in the other. Then he mentioned running an inlet air temp gauge (he has a Saleen one laying on the shelf that came with his blower/saleen dash gauge pod). Is there an easy way to get the Saleen gauge to read the inlet air temp from the MAF/OBD/CPU? Is there an existing gauge that will do this? I have seen the aeroforcetech gauge that plugs into the OBD2 port to give all sorts of readings but it also has a shift light which the DSS gauge gives so I was thinking that a dedicated gauge would be better. Opinions, ideas, etc.?!!?!?

Thanks!!

PS - Got the Earl's -10AN spring installed in my air/oil separator hose (Gates LOL+). Haven't gotten a chance to run the car yet though due to rain to confirm hose keeps it shape now with the spring installed. Will post info when I have confirmed.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to get the Saleen gauge to read the inlet air temp from the MAF/OBD/CPU? Is there an existing gauge that will do this?
I don't have these parts in front of me, so I am relying on a little deduction here, but:
a. the IAT readings from the stock MAF come from the 2 gray wires (pins 1 and 2)
b. that is the same voltage vs IAT reading as you get from a "DY754" 2 wire IAT sensor which is the same as the one shipped from Saleen in their blower...

So, Saleen's gauge presumably reads directly from that sensor. Someone mentioned an autometer IAT gauge, but so far as I know it isn't the Nexus or the SportComp II which roughly "match" our gagues.

To read from ODB/PCM, you'd need one of those "whizbang" ODB meters that general read everything and have lots of bells/whistles.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Yes. I see some AMP Temperature gauges that read (from what I can tell) 0 degrees at 0 volts and 250 degrees at 5 volts. As long as the MAF sensor outputs at the same scale then we could use that gauge (or gauge working at the same scale). Anyone know what voltages the MAF outputs at for a particular range of temperatures?

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes. I see some AMP Temperature gauges that read (from what I can tell) 0 degrees at 0 volts and 250 degrees at 5 volts. As long as the MAF sensor outputs at the same scale then we could use that gauge (or gauge working at the same scale). Anyone know what voltages the MAF outputs at for a particular range of temperatures?
I believe the Ford sensor goes the other way - higher temp == lower voltage...

I had that chart around here somewhere, I will see if I can find it...

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
a. the IAT readings from the stock MAF come from the 2 gray wires (pins 1 and 2)
b. that is the same voltage vs IAT reading as you get from a "DY754" 2 wire IAT sensor which is the same as the one shipped from Saleen in their blower...

If this is true then we are home free Chad.. Now you just need to add a blower for my boost gauge!

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Someone mentioned an autometer IAT gauge, but so far as I know it isn't the Nexus or the SportComp II which roughly "match" our gagues.

I was just looking at the autometer website and the Cobalt DPSS gauge looks like it has a chrome bezel (matching the Saleen gauge and the air vents) but Autometer only makes it in level 1 and 2, not 3 (level 3 will record 80 seconds of RPM data), not sure if I need to care about getting the level 3 setup. The SportComp style comes in all three levels but has a brushed bezel if I remember right which won't match the other bezels in the car. I dunno... just mumbling things over. :)

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have the aeroforce tech gauges on the way. they will be here tomorow. one of the reasons i got em was because of the IAT readings

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
i have the aeroforce tech gauges on the way. they will be here tomorow. one of the reasons i got em was because of the IAT readings

Great. I'd love to hear how you like the aeroforce gauge. Do you know if you can disable the shift light?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea set it to an impossible RPM of like 7500 i would think lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back