2005 - 2009 Mustang GT Gauge selection help . . .

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on running Aeroforce interceptor(s) rather than stand alone gauges? I'd rather not go overboard and look like plane cockpit. Are there other options similar to the aerforces, nGauge is intriguing but Lito doesn't tune with it so would only be gauge.

Is this general order of most important at top for boosted vehicle?
Wideband
Fuel pressure
Oil pressure
boost gauge
IAT
coolant temp

not sure how many sensors each gauge can take

Also anyone been so unhappy with pillar vs center dash gauges that they've actually swapped? I think I'd prefer autometer center dash style setup but sounds like pillar particularly the SOS is easiest/cleanest install.

edit: so are the obd temps for IAT & coolant accurate (05-09's) on the aeroforce even though the dash gauges are mostly dumbies? and for that matter does it do fuel or oil pressure? Trying to see how many sensors would have to be added on to aeroforces

The Aeroforce allows two values to be displayed at the same time . . . and each of the two displays can 'scan' through the values you have functioning. On mine, I put IAT on top so that I can see it anytime. Then, on the bottom, I have it scanning the things that matter to me: Volts, A/F, Engine Coolant temp, oil temperature, etc. As you can see, I don't bother with it telling me oil pressure or boost since those are displayed in the gauges right around it. I know that fuel pressure and spark are also important, but i don't know how to use them anyway, so I don't display them.

At any time, you can make the scan stop on an item. So, for instance, when ensuring my tune is good, I kept the A/F displayed. It is a nice way of getting the info you need without having a dozen gauges. Also, you can link two Aeroforce gauges together.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can scan a lot with the aeroforce gauge though the OBDII but you can only connect two stand alone sensors to one gauge. Example: there boost sensor and A/F sensor can be connected to the same gauge. With two gauges you can have 4 added sensors to the car plus scan/monitor 6 (per gauge totaling 8)more sensors/ parameters from the OBDII port. Cylinder head temp is where our temp sensor gets its info. You could get a temp sensor to monitor your intercooler temp. Even though all would be electronic their accuracy seems to be spot on. Manual gauges are nice but have there limitations. SOS is nice and clean the autometer center looks great but have seen and heard a lot of fitment issues with them. The shelby one seems to match better as well as fit much nicer. I did a lot of research/stewing on my setup as I to didn't want a cockpit looking view. Just clean and simple.

Beau

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Also anyone been so unhappy with pillar vs center dash gauges that they've actually swapped? I think I'd prefer autometer center dash style setup but sounds like pillar particularly the SOS is easiest/cleanest install.

edit: so are the obd temps for IAT & coolant accurate (05-09's) on the aeroforce even though the dash gauges are mostly dumbies? and for that matter does it do fuel or oil pressure? Trying to see how many sensors would have to be added on to aeroforces
I can't get oil pressure on the aeroforce, there is some kind of sensor in our cars but it's not smart enough to be read I guess. Aeroforce says you have to buy a kit and tie to the analog signal for the gauge to see it. As far as the coolant temp that is inferred I think the cyl head temp is the only real one on the car I have my gauge setup to show me coolant and cyl head temp and cyl head temp is always higher.

I slapped this autometer triple gauge on after sanding and painting. I managed to fuck up my SOS pillar by trying to add a 3rd pod and it being off enough to piss me off but a triple gauge pod from them is coming out to about $230 now so not digging that right about now. Doesn't look too bad though for $36 lol. kind of a smoother look.

20190612-083905.jpg

20190612-083839.jpg

Last edited:

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
If you run a sandwich adaptor under your oil filter, you can put as much as 4 sensors in it. I have oil temp and oil pressure in mine.

As shown in my pic above, I run oil pressure to its own gauge. The oil temp is run to the Aeroforce (via the analog line you mention) and is one of the parameters I have it cycling through.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back