I'll bless this site with a bitchin first post!

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
OK, you all know what I have been up to. You know the usual, installing a stroker motor, big heads +++ etc. etc... Well, I fired her up the other night but was only able to do a warm up and leak check since my new tunes had not arrived yet. Well, I got my tunes today and the first test drive wasn't great. Fouled plug or plugs. I have experienced this before and am very familiar with the symptoms. Still, I was kind of worried. I stuck a new set of HT0's and put my stock coil pacs back on and BAM, all fixed. I am only driving at part throttle, staying under 4500rpm and TRYING to stay out of the boost.
LET ME TELL YOU, THIS FUCK** IS FAST!!!!. Now, she was fast before, but this is a whole new animal. I can tell without even getting above 50% throttle. From 1200rpm you just have to breathe on the pedal and she wants to jump past 5# boost. I am sure if I hammered it down low I would start at 7 or 8psi in the bottom of the rpm range and end up at 15 in the top. I know this no miracle feat for a KB but hey, I have a Saleen. I also have 2 smaller sized blower pullies to try when I get her broken in.
I am running a 3.2" blower pulley, a 15% O.D. "pizza pan" crank pulley, and a 15% underdrive alternator pulley. All possible pullies and billet tensioner are BGG and they really wake up the Saleen SC.
On another note, the GT500 T.B. and ported intake are working flawlessly. This sum bit** seems like it has a fricking throttle cable!! Instant response.
Anyways, glad to see all of you here and glad to be a part of the group!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great to hear man!! I am much jealous. And congratulations!

Oh, and FYI, we don't have word censors here. You can type out the entire word. Just don't get real lazy and use them as a replacement for all your adjectives :wink:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good deal on your car, now get out there and show everyone what a Saleen S/C can do! :twisted:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah buddy! I'm glad you made it over! You gotta let me take the beast for a spin!!!

V

VSOP

I can't wait to have my whipple on so I can play with boost..

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2 words...

FREAKIN' AWESOME!!

Get some vids/pics up asap! You know I don't care about dyno numbers, but others do and it would nice to see the power curve.

Mark

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome man. I want Pics, I want videos and i want them NOW!!!!!

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
The build was a freaking blast! Nick and I tackled 95% of it over a weekend and had some great company. Here are a few of my fav pics.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need a tissue :oops:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow that looks absolutely amazing!!!!!!!

you watching larry, josh and kevin? these are the types of pics i want haha

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet pics Ryan! That's the first time I've seen these pics. :clap:

94tbird said:
wow that looks absolutely amazing!!!!!!!

you watching larry, josh and kevin? these are the types of pics i want haha

I don't know what kind of plan you worked out with them, but if at all possible...I highly recommend getting in there with them and doing this!

It was a great experience, and I had a blast!

3V_V8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man that must have been a great time. I love wrenching on motors. I just recently helped my friend rebuild his wife's 98 cobra and even though we had some issues it was a good time. Good luck with your new stroker!!! 8)

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What a beast! Way to step up the program. I can't wait to see how the Saleen handles the added boost. I know the S/C will make the boost no sweat. I'm very interested to see if the posts about high Intake Air Temps above 15 psi were true. There are ways to address that. Keep us posted. Damned nice work!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Congrats, and keep us posted on the progress!! And the pics are great!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back