Installing Nav in 12 GT

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a OEM Nav unit in a non Nav car? I have SNYC in mine but am wondering if i have all of the nav parts if its just plug and play or is it a difficult install.. Thanks

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
you will need a body harness out of a nav vehicle... they are not wired the same and the costs are way above what you would spend for an aftermarket nav.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
You need a lot of crap. It has been discussed a couple times on here.

Post #2 is correct, but you need to also remember that the electronics package also includes dual climate control and other stuff. It is just a lengthy in depth install that is just not worth it like it is on a 05-09 OEM Nav.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Gallop, this would include the faceplate that has the dual climate thing, he said it comes with everything needed..

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
It is actually comming out of a 2011 GT 500 and states that it has everything needed to install..

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Gallop, this would include the faceplate that has the dual climate thing, he said it comes with everything needed..

Sorry I misread. Considering that you won't have dual climate control unless you have that too, I am just not sure how it would work. The harness is what you really need... and unless you want to swap out an entire harness for it, you could possible splice it in.

I understand where you are coming from in an aesthetics point of view as I am the same way. It just isn't worth it unless you are going to dismantle half the electronic wiring in your car. I am not sure how the HVAC would work either if you do not have the dual climate control center stack with that faceplate.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
I thought it would be easy since he said it was a complete system with everything needed.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
if it was me and the costs were comparable id just go with an aftermarket and not mess with it

4.6fan

forum member
Reaction score
Having OEM navi is nice but not worth doing if its not coming from factory. Id def go with aftermarket and use the $ saved on some other mods

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
There is a thread on this on TMS and it is not possible to put in a OEM Nav system on a non Navigation equipped car with the new generation navigation Mustangs.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
I was quoted $7000 by a ford dealership to get the factory unit and have it installed, they said it wasn't worth it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back