installing sub and amp on 2011 gt help

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score
getting some stuff togather, not so big on stereo stuff for a long time. what do i need wiring wise. anything special to get it to work with the oem head unit? im just doing a single alpine 10 in a small box, havent gotten an amp yep or wiring for it. just dont know where to start parts wise

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
just tap into the back 2 speaker wires...that is the easiest/best way imo. you will need rca's, power, speaker wire, and that is about it.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
just tap into the back 2 speaker wires...that is the easiest/best way imo. you will need rca's, power, speaker wire, and that is about it.
i used the wiring off the factory amps for the door subs for my signal... the factory radio puts out less bass as you turn it up.. the door signals are a little hotter and the bass doesnt cut out... my sub is twice as loud as it was with them tapped off the rear speakers.

drboyd

Reaction score
i used the wiring off the factory amps for the door subs for my signal... the factory radio puts out less bass as you turn it up.. the door signals are a little hotter and the bass doesnt cut out... my sub is twice as loud as it was with them tapped off the rear speakers.

Awesome! Can you give us more detail about exactly which wires you tapped in to?

TIA!

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
I'm getting a Amp and Sub installed tomorrow. I'll let you know how the installer wires it. Going to a privately owned car audio place ... $175 for the install which includes parts and labor. I am supplying Sub/Box/AMP.

Over the phone he said he will need to add a line converter and my Sub Volume will still be controlled by the Head Unit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back