Intake manifold gasket

wintersb391

Reaction score
I have coolant leaking from the intake manifold gasket. I can't find a new gasket for my 07 mustang gt. Do I have to replace the whole manifold or is there a secret to finding the gasket?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
If you're seeing coolant leaking under the intake manifold into the valley of the V, the most likely source is the heater hose assembly that runs from front to rear. You'll need to remove the manifold to replace the heater hoses.
Unlike the pushrod 5.0, the 4.6 3V doesn't have coolant circulating inside the intake manifold itself.

wintersb391

Reaction score
I'm seeing the coolant around the outside of the manifold along the gasket.

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
Take a picture of the area your talking about and post it. Our cars are known to have a leak at the heater hose fitting in the valley of the engine. I had the same problem and it was the fitting...

wintersb391

Reaction score
Ok. I'll check right now. I know what fitting ur talking about. U don't have to remove the whole manifold u can just unhook the coi and take out the alternator to get to it.

wintersb391

Reaction score
Well there's a pool down there too. Must be splashing up around gasket. Or something. Where can I find the fitting so I can get it before I tear the car apart?

FryDaddy

Reaction score
I have coolant leaking from the intake manifold gasket. I can't find a new gasket for my 07 mustang gt. Do I have to replace the whole manifold or is there a secret to finding the gasket?
Yes I had the same problem it was the heater hose elbow connector part number 800 419 got it from Napa. All you need to do is take the alternator off cut the metal clamp with a small hack saw . The elbow connector pull while pushing the two white ends it will come loose. Make sure you get all the elbow out of the hose. Put it back together with a clamp put all back together. Ps make sure if you have a 5 speed do not drive your ride like this because it will leak down the bell house and it will be time for a new clutch kit and tob.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Back