iSimple Gateway?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Anybody use one? I'm about to buy one and the blueteeths add-on. I don't need a fancy radio, I just want to not have a wire sticking out of the center console every time I want to listen to music. I know they were spotty with the antenna intercept thing they had, but I've heard good things about this one. I just wish it came with the lightning connector, so I could coil it in the glovebox for when my phone needs a charge.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Bueller?

Gateway arrived today, I got the bluetooths module coming as well as a USB cable instead of using the supplied 30 pin connector, because nothing I own has a 30 pin. I'll update when everything else gets here, will mount mic at the front of the headliner, right by the map lights.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Fine then.

Bought it, put it in. Works well enough. Does not use the display, at least it doesn't the way I put it in. I only have the bluetooth add on plugged it, and it needs to be on sat3 for it to come through. Tested with the iPhone built in music and the steering wheel buttons skip tracks as intended. Made a call, sound is passable, especially because the other side had me on speakerphone. He said he couldn't tell I was driving until I hit almost 50, so that's giant plus. Windows up, obviously.

Ended up ditching the microphone mount for a much simpler "i hits it til I fits it" approach.

5706ca131459b1137e3fc21202b1b8c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back