Fuel press reg delete…kinda

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I’m running a return style fuel system. I don’t see why I would need the factory fuel pressure regulator but it might give info I don’t know about. One future thing I want to do with my car is wire the radio to the OBDII port to receive any data I can, then display that data on the radio. I’d love to delete the whole sensor but I think the sensor would be needed to send data to the OBDII, but is the vacuum line needed? I’d planned to cap the port on the sensor and the port on the main line and delete that hose…but maybe that also sends vac/boost readings to the OBDII port..?

It’s no big deal, I can run the vac line just trying to delete as many hoses, wires, & sensors as I can. Figure if I ask and learn some stuff my options will only increase

IMG_3600.jpeg

07 Boss

Reaction score
How do you regulate the pressure to the fuel rail? Don't you need a delta of 39 psi for the injectors to give the right amount of fuel? Too much pressure and she will run rich. Not enough pressure will cause it to lean out. Or am I completely off base here?

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
How do you regulate the pressure to the fuel rail? Don't you need a delta of 39 psi for the injectors to give the right amount of fuel? Too much pressure and she will run rich. Not enough pressure will cause it to lean out. Or am I completely off base here?
I added a regulator to the return system. To my knowledge that regulator will provide the correct amount of pressure based off the vacuum tube running to it..?

Based off my knowledge of my 2002…the factory regulator would send the signal to the FPDM module to ramp up the fuel pump to send the needed fuel to supply the regulator needs. Since I’m running a return system with its own regulator the factory regulator won’t be needed…..but I may be way off lol

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I’m wondering what other info the regulator might be sending to the OBDII port? I could see how a boost/vac reading might be taken from that sensor.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
That sensor doesn’t actually regulate the fuel pressure. It measures pressure and temperature and sends the data to the ECM. The pressure measurement is biased against the manifold pressure, that is why is has the vacuum connection. The ECM speeds up or slows down the fuel pump based on the data from that sensor and others as well. That sensor is available through the OBDII port.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I added a regulator to the return system. To my knowledge that regulator will provide the correct amount of pressure based off the vacuum tube running to it..?

Based off my knowledge of my 2002…the factory regulator would send the signal to the FPDM module to ramp up the fuel pump to send the needed fuel to supply the regulator needs. Since I’m running a return system with its own regulator the factory regulator won’t be needed…..but I may be way off lol

Well if you have another regulator then I'm not sure the stock sensor is needed for anything. I guess some tuning would be required so the ecu doesn't freak out with no signal.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
What does that mean exactly? If I plug my BDX into the OBDII port, what reading does that sensor give?
Fuel pressure above manifold pressure and fuel temperature. Also things like fuel injector pressure drop and fuel pump duty cycle would use that sensor as part of an equation. I found the pressure and duty cycle to be very helpful when I had a few faulty connections in the fuel pump wiring.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Well if you have another regulator then I'm not sure the stock sensor is needed for anything. I guess some tuning would be required so the ecu doesn't freak out with no signal.
I don’t think it’s needed for the car to operate properly with tuning but may be needed for readings I’m wanting displayed on my radio. With a Meastro RR wiring harness, my Autometer a/f & oil pressure gauge, e2 boost controller, etc, and radio I have I believe I can wire it all to display on the radio. It’s just something I think is cool that I think I can do with no added costs!

The Meastro RR kit is offered for the 2007+ Mustang but not for the 05-06 Mustang. I think that’s bcz in the 2007+ models steering wheel controls, tire pressure readings, etc, was offered but that doesn’t mean I can’t get some of the same readings from my OBDII port in my 2006 (a/f, oil, fuel, intake pressure etc). I called Meastro and they said “unless Ford changed software in 2006 & 2007 you should be able to do what you want.” I thought sense the same SCT BDX was sold for the 2006 & 2007 models I’d be fine but Meastro replied “a handheld programmer is able to read several types of software”….so I dunno!

I’ve already deleted all emissions on my car so I may have shot myself in the foot on some readings that system provides.

IMG_3604.png

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back