JBA 40-2627 Installed

Rick Simons

Reaction score
This has to be one of the the best values in a cat-back for the S197. $258 shipped from Advance Auto Parts with my SpeedPerks discount. All stainless construction, chambered mufflers (similar to Flowmaster inside) and polished chrome-plated SS tips. It sounds a lot like the Flowmasters I took off, too. I replaced the system because I found that the driver's side muffler was coming apart inside, and that was causing the annoying intermittent buzz that I'd been trying to find the source of for over a year.
Installation took all of 25 minutes. The instructions call for disconnecting the tail pipes from the H pipe so you can slide the mufflers forward off of the hangers, but I was too lazy to raise the front of the car; instead I opted to just unbolt the hanger brackets from the frame.
The fit was good, other than having to tweak the pass side hanger hooks a little to get the tip centered in the valance. The supplied clamps are cheapo zinc plated, so I used a pair of SS clamps that I had lying around.
ex_1.jpg

upload_2021-4-29_8-13-54.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Simons

Reaction score
Oops! Didn't mean to load a double image.

Forgot to mention that it sounds rather exotic now, much nicer than the Flowmasters; kinda snarly but without any drone at all. I'm going to refit the X pipe when I do the clutch next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back