JDM 302E Engine Owners - Check In!!

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/mmfp-0801-mustang-jdm-stroker/

http://www.mustangandfords.com/even...ootout/james-damore-iii-2006-saleen-s281.html

I eventually made 396 RWHP through an Automatic trans and ran 11.15@120mph with my car. This was before any of the better flowing intake manifolds were better, I swear if I had the FRPP or C&L intake on the car it could have potentially run a 10!

We also have done a few NA builds here in house, there is one gentleman on this board who runs NA with our 302E, Ported heads, and Cams...he has the stock manifold too and made almost 400 RWHP as well. His car is Stick and runs 93 octane.

What compression ratio was it running when you got 396RWHP?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What compression ratio was it running when you got 396RWHP?

It was right around 11:1, I could still use 93 octane at that point but I had to be careful which fuel stations I used. Some brands created spark knock because of additives or quality of the fuel. Needless to say she was right on the edge!

JimIII

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Jim, talk to me about oil coolers... Is this necessary for a weekend track car?
I just do HPDE for fun...about 6 a year with 4 drag racing events and some autocrosses to fill in the voids. lol

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It was right around 11:1, I could still use 93 octane at that point but I had to be careful which fuel stations I used. Some brands created spark knock because of additives or quality of the fuel. Needless to say she was right on the edge!

JimIII

How much did it weigh?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much did it weigh?

34XX it was a street car, at the time it didn't have a cage. Basically the only light weight mods were the Bogarts. Stock seats, stock front K mem & A arms, full accessories and interior. The front sway bar was removed as well.

After a while when I had the Edelbrock blower on that car I caged it, and put tubular suspension front and rear, plus light weight brakes. It ran 9.69@142 with the 5R55S still one of the fastest times with that transmission today.

JimIII

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Might be able to start her up tonight!

Delays, forgot to buy a new clutch pilot bearing and additional flywheel bolts for the new 8-bolt crank.

Also I lowered the engine from the bottom (using a lift) and with the new BBK Shorties it wouldn't go in back that way so had to unbolt the tranny again and pop it in from the top...

msczesny1186

forum member
Reaction score
Might be able to start her up tonight!

Delays, forgot to buy a new clutch pilot bearing and additional flywheel bolts for the new 8-bolt crank.

Also I lowered the engine from the bottom (using a lift) and with the new BBK Shorties it wouldn't go in back that way so had to unbolt the tranny again and pop it in from the top...

shot in the dark.... did you go with a jdm motor?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Yes built by jdm. Got her started up tonight!!!!! Runs good started right up and runs smoothly.

posted via Tapatalk

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes built by jdm. Got her started up tonight!!!!! Runs good started right up and runs smoothly.

posted via Tapatalk

That went faster than planned! Good to hear, keep us informed.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Yes let me break it in... And will go for a tune... But since I don't drive this everyday it will be a long 500mi.

posted via Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back