John Lund Tune and now...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I started this thread 2 centuries ago.

Just a few updates...

Dyno Dan at Pro Dyno was able to fix all those little bugs and gremlins. So, that problem is solved.

The car still stalls out when I put it in neutral when I approach a stop sign/light. It happens on a very random basis. It can happen on a beautiful cool morning and it can happen when its 100 degrees with high humidity. Weather does not seem to play a factor. However, it has happened only once in the last three weeks and maybe about once or twice a month over the last few months.

As far as the Pypes situation. I'm getting the car on a lift on Friday so I can snap some pictures. The guys at pypes told me if I send them pictures, they'll send me a new set and I can send them the broken set when the new ones are on the car. Which is cool. It's nice to get a break every once in a while.

The Pypes have been giving me issues since day one. Not so great fitment. The driver's side header hangs down about 1/2-3/4 inches lower than the passenger side header. I've had 4 different leaks welded and fixed, however this time - there is a leak at the collector. So, I've got no problem saying F it with this set and try something else. At least I have some options now.

I can either put the new set on, or I can take a grinder/dremel to my stock manifolds and make them slightly better and clean them up or I can sell the pypes and get a set of ARH's or Kook's. However, it's not like I'm going to gain any difference between my current Pypes or Kooks or ARH's or whatever I decide.

Anyhow, that's my update. I might see if I can put it on the dyno and send the logs over the Lund and see what he has to say.

Glad to hear Dan was able to take care of you, he is a good tuner.

Sorry to hear about the issues with the Pypes, I have them on my 13 and they went on like a glove and no issues.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back