just have to live with front end noise I guess

Pike2244

forum member
Reaction score
I tried to put the bolt back in the sway while its on the ground and it only makes it 1/4 of the way in... Any suggestions???

Pike2244

forum member
Reaction score
I tried jacking up the affected side on the a-arm and that didn't work so I tried jacking up the opposite a-arm and that didn't work either... Anybody have a similar issue?

bigmd

forum member
Reaction score
bringing this back from the dead with another update.about a year ago i had new lowering springs installed.while my fronts were being reassembled my mechanic snapped the big strut bolt.my only option at the time was to have both front struts replaced with stock replacement Monroes.the rears were stock with 30,000 plus.fast forward to now it seem ride quality deteriorated everytime i got into car.it sucked.so i finally bit the bullet and went for Tokico blues as a birthday/Xmas present.well got thecar back andthe ride is 100 percent better.no longer does it have that loose feel.I still get an occasional noise here and there from a big crack in road or pothole but i guess thats just the way its gonna be ,its not a Cadillac.so to soum up over the past 1.5 years I have replaced just about every major component in the front end.

DPHC13

Reaction score
Just to add to the useful info, I had the clunk for a looong time. I replaced the front struts with struts from a 2012 Mustang GT. This also replace the strut mounts with a brand new design. And this my friends fixed MY clunk!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back