Kenne Bell replacement air filter?

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm out of town and the car is in not accessible to anyone else. It is getting tuned Saturday on e85 and I wanted to put on a fresh filter as its been a while since I replaced it. I would rather NOT clean it and risk the chance of messing up the MAF from too much oil. I know KB sells them, but I wanted to run a K&N or something I can get local so in the future I can just go to a parts store to buy one. I looked online and couldn't find anything so I'm sure this will help other people as well. Anyways, does anyone know of a same size replacement from K&N? Or one close enough that will fit? If not, is anyone willing to get me some dimensions so I can do some research and have AutoZone order me one and have it there by saturday? A while ago I did write down some numbers that I saw on the filter, B046C6 but was not able to find anything searching that. Any help is appreciated!

TIA

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Lol at the moderators. How is this chit chat? It is a technical question regarding a specific setup on 05-09 mustangs? But whatever

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it's a "what to buy"

it's not tech

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Its not a magical unicorn, its a cone filter on a 3.5" inlet tube. easily acceptable to grab a generic K&N one from autozone.

I had always cleaned mine with no issues.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Its not a magical unicorn, its a cone filter on a 3.5" inlet tube. easily acceptable to grab a generic K&N one from autozone.

I had always cleaned mine with no issues.

Thanks for the sarcasm. Have you seen how many different sized filters there are? I want to have the exact or closest to exact size possible.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd run to amsoil's site and see if you can get a dry filter for whatever you've got going on there. Just measure what you've got. Get it shipped.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Not that hard to guesstimate the size if it is on your car. 3.5" diameter, roughly 9" length cone.
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=RE-0920

Again, unless it was completely neglected, cleaning the filter is not that difficult or risk to anything. let it dry, dont use all that much oil.

I know, but I'm away from the car until later tomorrow and Saturday morning I go to tuning, so I was wanting to buy a new one to just swap out since I do not have time to wait for the filter to dry.

I appreciate the link, that looks like it should work

07 Boss

Reaction score
You don't want that filter. That one requires oiling. You want to get a paper element filter if you don't want to deal with the oil.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Well, we did our best.

I don't understand? If I could I would get a dry filter by the end of tomorrow without having to pay an outrageous shipping charge. I'm on a huge time crunch which is why this is even a discussion

Last edited:

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
I took my Kenne Bell filter to Pep Boys and they stocked one the exact size. Also whenever I have a question I call Kenne Bell and they have always helped me.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I don't mind the oil, but I guess what would work better for the supercharger?

Hey guys,

I'm out of town and the car is in not accessible to anyone else. It is getting tuned Saturday on e85 and I wanted to put on a fresh filter as its been a while since I replaced it. I would rather NOT clean it and risk the chance of messing up the MAF from too much oil. I know KB sells them, but I wanted to run a K&N or something I can get local so in the future I can just go to a parts store to buy one. I looked online and couldn't find anything so I'm sure this will help other people as well. Anyways, does anyone know of a same size replacement from K&N? Or one close enough that will fit? If not, is anyone willing to get me some dimensions so I can do some research and have AutoZone order me one and have it there by saturday? A while ago I did write down some numbers that I saw on the filter, B046C6 but was not able to find anything searching that. Any help is appreciated!

TIA

It's the same process whether the filter is new or used. So I'm confused. Are you wanting a replacement filter or swap it out for a dry one?

http://www.aemintakes.com/dryflow_air_filters.htm

Last edited:

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
It's the same process whether the filter is new or used. So I'm confused. Are you wanting a replacement filter or swap it out for a dry one?

When people clean them and reoil them, it is very easy to put too much oil on them. That, plus the fact that I won't have enough time for the filter to dry before the dyno/tune, is why I want a replacement one. I don't mind if the replacement one is dry or oiled, I just personally do not want to re oil my own filter. My friend did it on one of his BMW's and it killed the MAF. I don't think I'll globber oil over it but I'd rather be safe than sorry. And once again, there just is not enough time for me to remove, clean, dry, and re oil the filter between 9 PM tomorrow and 9 Am Saturday morning. It MAY be dry, but I don't want to risk it. My tuner is fitting me in and I didn't think of the filter until today.

Edit: AEM did not have one close enough to the size. I'm going to search Amsoil

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
When people clean them and reoil them, it is very easy to put too much oil on them. That, plus the fact that I won't have enough time for the filter to dry before the dyno/tune, is why I want a replacement one. I don't mind if the replacement one is dry or oiled, I just personally do not want to re oil my own filter. My friend did it on one of his BMW's and it killed the MAF. I don't think I'll globber oil over it but I'd rather be safe than sorry. And once again, there just is not enough time for me to remove, clean, dry, and re oil the filter between 9 PM tomorrow and 9 Am Saturday morning. It MAY be dry, but I don't want to risk it. My tuner is fitting me in and I didn't think of the filter until today.

Edit: AEM did not have one close enough to the size. I'm going to search Amsoil

If you were to wash it and not oil it and put it on your car wet, it would dry before you got down the street. A light coating of oil on the filter will not mess up your MAF. If you soak/saturate it with oil it will be an issue. Is this the first time you've thought about cleaning and oiling it? And if you're just doing tuning on the dyno, just pull the filter off. I think you are way over thinking this.

Actually, forget I said run it without the filter. If the MAF is too close to the filter you may get some turbulace that may or may not throw off your MAF readings. If it is a good distance from the filter then just pull off the filter.

Last edited:

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
If you were to wash it and not oil it and put it on your car wet, it would dry before you got down the street. A light coating of oil on the filter will not mess up your MAF. If you soak/saturate it with oil it will be an issue. Is this the first time you've thought about cleaning and oiling it? And if you're just doing tuning on the dyno, just pull the filter off. I think you are way over thinking this.

I may be... This is the first time I thought about doing it on this car. I've done it with previous cars, one had a maf that was bad, the other was fine. The one with the bad maf may have just been a fluke, or it could have been the oil. From what I have read, certain maf sensors have very delicate electronics. Idk man, I'm stressing out because I'm trying to get a few things done to the car before it goes to get tuned and being away from the car is making it difficult

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Actually, forget I said run it without the filter. If the MAF is too close to the filter you may get some turbulace that may or may not throw off your MAF readings. If it is a good distance from the filter then just pull off the filter.

I was going to say I definitely need a filter on it. I have a BA3000 on the car and it is right after the filter

07 Boss

Reaction score
I may be... This is the first time I thought about doing it on this car. I've done it with previous cars, one had a maf that was bad, the other was fine. The one with the bad maf may have just been a fluke, or it could have been the oil. From what I have read, certain maf sensors have very delicate electronics. Idk man, I'm stressing out because I'm trying to get a few things done to the car before it goes to get tuned and being away from the car is making it difficult

Don't stress over it. Breathe..... in through the nose, out through the mouth. You'll be OK. If you clean the filter before you go to bed and slap it on there in the morning it will be plenty dry. If there is any residual moisture it will be gone by the time you get down the block. Just don't oil it till after you do your tuning if you're worried about it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back