Kenwood or Pioneer?

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
You guys notice any difference in either brand compared to the past? When I was in high school, I always considered Pioneer to be the best but pretty close with Kenwood. Has either company gone down hill? Pretty torn between two headunits that seem pretty equal so I'm interested in quality feedback on either. Thanks

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
I must admit that I always thought that Alpine were the 'go to' guys for quality (not that there's anything wrong with Pioneer either)

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
I vote for pioneer... I have a double din in both my cars and am happy with them.

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Pioneer, gave a double din as well in my truck and car. Love them

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses.

Waylander, I liked Alpines in the past but I had one die on me after about a week once so I just never looked at them again. I honestly don't know much about them but won't buy one out of principal. I'm sure they are good though, they are pricey.

If I didn't normally put the best in my stang, I would put a Sony Xplod. I've had so many of those over the years and never a hiccup. I've had a Kenwood, two Pioneers, three Sony's in my daily drivers over the years.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a Kenwood nav unit in my Saleen and pulled it out for a Pioneer for one main reason - The Pioneer has a user adjustable backlight and dimmer. The Kenwood was just plain too bright for driving after dark. Even with a layer of tint over the screen it's still like a flashlight in the face after dark. If you live in an urban area with a lot of streetlights it's not a big deal, but if you live in the country like I do it's rather huge. Just something to consider. Everything else seems about equal from my point of view.

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Depending on some pet peeves can not go wrong with either one.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back