Kidd's official Turbo build thread (Jennifer gets BOOST)

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
That will work brother! I might be ablebto get a small compressor tonight if that would help.

Last edited:

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Ok the oil pan is going to have to be tapped in the drivers side front (see picture). Is there anything in this area that I might hit inside the pan?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363351591245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363351591245.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 40

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not unless you go like 6 inches in, theres nothing in the immediate area.

Fyi, those valve covers will not hold up long just as a heads up, even when painted professionaly it just doesn't hold up on those magesium covers as they weep/release vapors when they change temperature.

Last edited:

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Ugh... I guess that will put the finishing touch on my destruction of the paint job LOL. I eventually plan on having them dipped or powder coated.
Thanks for the oil pan info Jeremy.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Pan is tapped and everything is on except for the cold side piping, which is giving us some flack. All the AC/cooling lines and the evap lines seem to be right where the piping is suppose to run. Then the intercooler to throttle body pipe just doesn't want to fit quiet right. For that I am going to run and get a longer coupler in the morning and see if that works. Does it matter if those two ends (intercooler to TB pipe) don't butt completely up together inside the coupler?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363404524163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363404524163.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 63

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt, I was beginning to think you had sworn off turbo build threads lol. I saw your nitrous setup, looks awesome man.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
What line hooks to this 1/4 fitting? There is one on the wastegate and the BOV also. What lines hook to them?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363463607534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363463607534.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 55

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Vacuum lines. I didn't have one on my intercooler though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Talked RJ and here is what he was thinking. A T between that fitting, the BOV and the wastegate with my boost gauge T'd into the hose running to the wastegate. Will that work?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What line hooks to this 1/4 fitting? There is one on the wastegate and the BOV also. What lines hook to them?

Thats perfect for wastegate boost reference.

The bov and boost gauge you need a vac/boost source ie behind the tb, from the manifold, the brake booste line or frps line is a great spot for those. The wastegate you need dedicated pressure only source from the turbo or piping just downstream of the turbo.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Jeremy, we T'd into the bake boost line.

Update: We got it all together, put fluids in, primed the fuel lines and got oil flow through the turbo. Fired it up.... HUGE passenger side exhaust leak where the cross over pipe meets the manifolds. We made sure it was tight and that didn't fix it. So wr loosened it up a bit and re-tightened and still no go. Kyle and I where both tired and frustrated so we quit and took the girls to hooters. I'll mess with it Monday.
As always suggestions are welcome.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Got the exhaust leak fixed and the tune from Lito on and fired the car up tonight! It smoked like a freight train but it finally idled. It set the smoke alarms off and got me yelled at by the wife LOL.
Just need to get the gauges wired up so I can start data logging.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good to see you got the leak fixed, now get that tune dialed in so you can drive it! :)

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Jeremy, I'm about to start on the gauges so I can do just that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back