KILLER CHILLER question...

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about one of these for a long time and my main concern is would it make more hp than it uses with the a/c, and what is there to keep water from dripping all over the track when you want to use it at the drag strip?

Last edited:

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Get in touch with Ron, 94TBird. He runs the KC, but I don't think he has the one where you keep the stock AC system. I think his goes torwards only the intercooling.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Killer Chiller

I have the same setup Ron has and am very happy with it. On the street it dropped my IAT by over 20 degrees. It is harder for me to tell you what it did for me at the track because I changed too many things at once. I need to learn how to datalog to see my IAT's during a run. I can tell you the truck tank water temp is 60 degrees after a run in 90 degree temps. The the Killer chiller feeds the intercooler first and then goes to the trunk. Once I get done with my run I run leave the car on for 5 minutes to drop the truck tank down to 50 and then run my fan and e-pumps to cool the engine and intercooler.

Here is the link to the company...

http://www.killerchiller.com/

Ask for Joe, he was very helpful with my install.

Lastly, I have never had one drop of condensation from this unit. This includes racing in 90 degree 80% humidity. If you had the factory air hooked up I would bet you would have an issue. When I talked to Joe about that he said to add a drip pan, not happy with that idea, or route a hose to drip the water onto the exhaust. The second one sounded ok, but I wanted 100% of the cooling for the intercooler so I had him make me a bypass kit.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
In my opinion you can make other changes to your setup for less money that work equally as well for reducing supercharger coolant temps/heat soak.

The only personal experience I've had with a K.C. setup was on a '98 Lightning and it was far more trouble then it was worth. We ended up ditching the K.C. setup and just doing a better Heat Exchanger, lines, pump and larger coolant tank.

However, if you have already gone as far as you can with your current setup, the only way to dail out more coolant temp may be by going with a killer chiller setup or something similar.

RONAELEGT550R

forum member
Reaction score
I Have one on my 2005 and it keeps the IC H2o temp around 50 deg. I have an electric bypass valve that I can turn off that will bypass the interior AC and it will only work for the IC coolant of the car. I use this at the drag strip. I shut the AC off right before making a pass so I dont robb the 6-7 HP required to run the compressor.
I insulated all the AC lines and the IC Reservoir and I have no condensation drips. This eliminates the water drip problem so you can use it at the track. It will cool 150deg IC water to 50 deg in 3 to 5 min. You will not make anymore horsepower with it but you will not lose any and your times will not fall off from heatsoak in the blower. They do recommend changing refrigerants to Industrial 12A which is what I did. It is a lot colder that standard refrigrants. You will have to run more antifreeze (75-80%)in the IC water though because the temps in the chiller will get to about 35 below zero. If you dont it will freeze the chiller and bust it. In 90-95 deg days I can run hard and my IC temps are between 50-65 degrees and there is no ice to deal with. I recommend one to anyone with a supercharger or turbo. :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back