Knock Off GT500 Brembos

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I have about 1000 miles on mine now and they are going strong. Mine being a 09/14 GT500 Big Brake Kit.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I believe the 'real deal' 15" rotors weigh 47 lbs. My 305-35-19 MPSS on 19 x 10 rims alone weigh 52 lbs. Another possible option is front brake ducts. Air is free, so why not use it ? After those were installed on the front of my 2010 GT..with oem 12.4" rotor's and 2 x piston calibers, no more brake stink. Brake ducts went in the same time as the CDC lower front spoiler. Hawk HPS pads, and slotted rotors. 14" front dust shields, with the welded tube on em, for the corrugated orange silicone hoses. They are corrugated on the outside only, and smooth bore on the inside.

Last edited:

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I believe the 'real deal' 15" rotors weigh 47 lbs. My 305-35-19 MPSS on 19 x 10 rims alone weigh 52 lbs. Another possible option is front brake ducts. Air is free, so why not use it ? After those were installed on the front of my 2010 GT..with oem 12.4" rotor's and 2 x piston calibers, no more brake stink. Brake ducts went in the same time as the CDC lower front spoiler. Hawk HPS pads, and slotted rotors. 14" front dust shields, with the welded tube on em, for the corrugated orange silicone hoses. They are corrugated on the outside only, and smooth bore on the inside.
I am not into track but I live near a track. Weight is a big issue with me. I am now down to 3460 lbs 1/4 tank of gas by the local Flying J truck stop. Just last year people were paying $18,000 for very light weight Mustang Carbon Fiber wheels that really didn't work. Paul Newman raced this track and had a house nearby. Same with Tom Cruz. Homeland Security is next door. These work great with the standard ABS and are lighter overall then the original brakes. That little bracket is all cast steel and heavy.

ca3.jpg

IM8.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back