Knock Off GT500 Brembos

RavenGT

Reaction score
Just buy a cheap junkyard set on ebay and rebuild them yourself. It's not a difficult process. Rather rudimentary, actually. Then you will know exactly what you have.

xeninworx

Reaction score
A lot harder to find them on Ebay within Canada. Searching from the US just show a bunch of copies.

Not in a rush to buy now. I’ll just wait for someone to sell on Kijiji or local forums.

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Or buy the six piston brembos like I have. They are genuine from Rock Auto. You only need the 2013 or 2014 gt500 rotors if you have a 05-14 gt and ss braided lines. If your are not road racing, you are good. My stopping power is killer with them, and pads are still just carbon ceramics, not track compound.

Last edited:

xeninworx

Reaction score
Oh I’ve thought about them. Just can’t find an inexpensive 18” wheel that would fit over them. I know Apex has 18” wheels that would fit but they’re not cheap.

Reason why I want to fit an 18” wheel is for the winter time. I’m currently using 19” Brembo GT wheels with Blizzaks wrapped on them. The driving is adequate in the snow but sloppy for cornering and acceleration. I want a taller narrower tire.

RavenGT

Reaction score
Who knows if they’re real or not with that price.

I do and they are. But like I posted earlier, if you are that concerned with authenticity, find a used pair and rebuild them yourself.

xeninworx

Reaction score
I do and they are. But like I posted earlier, if you are that concerned with authenticity, find a used pair and rebuild them yourself.

Good to know the Nugeons are not copies. Currently Rockauto only has the 1 side and not the other. Tried searching for other places in Canada for the other side but didn’t find any. They seem scarce right now.

I don’t have to worry about this anymore as I got some used ones. They’re actually in really good condition. Don’t think they got used very much as the Ferodo pads that come stock on the Brembos have plenty of life left in them. Eventually I’ll tear them down and see if the seals need replacing as I’m going to repaint them.

RavenGT

Reaction score
Those pads have zero life left in them unless you have the rotors they wore along with. "Reconditioners" like Carmax do stupid shit like that.

xeninworx

Reaction score
I’m not planning on using them. Will be buying new rotors, pads, brake lines and dust shields.

Everything I got except for the calipers I’m just gonna sell for cheap. I hate having parts I don’t need laying around. Still gotta sell a K series valve cover and a V6 throttle body from when I had my Civic Si.

theRedStorm

forum member
Reaction score
I have a pair of nugeons (painted red) + mustang decal
I have the performance pack wheels and my fronts don't clear the brembos
20 x 8.5 35mm offset
20x10 rear
I am debating of selling of em if anyone is interested. I don't like the thought of using a 8 to 10mm spacer

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
I have a pair of nugeons (painted red) + mustang decal
I have the performance pack wheels and my fronts don't clear the brembos
20 x 8.5 35mm offset
20x10 rear
I am debating of selling of em if anyone is interested. I don't like the thought of using a 8 to 10mm spacer
Pics and price?

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Pics and price?
Amazon for the best deal on Brembo knockoffs and Rockauto for Rotors. Several aero space companies in LA for spacers and a jobber in NC for the 1 inch adaptors in the back. Get the full zinc coated rear rotors.

brake9.jpg

DSC_0330.JPG

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Rotors are $35 each at RockAuto and pads are $30 for a full set front and back. Again RockAuto Calipers all the way around was $225 on Amazon no core. For sure the backs were Power Stop by Callahan and the front Brembos knockoff were Callahan. Adaptors are about $100 and the spacers were $50. Thats a little under $600 for all the parts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back