Kona Blue ft. Dodo Juice

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
So I had planned on doing this Sunday, but I ended up drinking a liiiiitle too much the night before and slept all day. Got off work today and decided why not do it now, and get it clean because Wednesday it goes to the dealer for the MT82.

Process was pretty simple:
-Wash
-Clay Bar
-Dodo Juice Lime Prime
-Dodo Juice Blue Velvet

This is pretty much my first time ever using a "good" wax. By that I mean the wax that you can not buy from just any store like Walmart, AutoZone, etc... All I can say is WOW. The Blue Velvet wax is amazing. Goes on easy, spreads very well, and comes off a whole hell of a lot better than anything else I have ever used. It really surprised me how easy it came off. Needless to say, I won't ever be going back to a "cheap" wax again for this car or any to come.

The lineup (Note: Did not use the spray as you're not supposed to on a fresh wax):
Dodo Detail 5.0 by Treyson M, on Flickr

Whole car with the Lime Prime applied. Thing looked amazing even with just this on it:

Sorry for the bad pics, sold my DSLR and only have my iPhone 6 now :/

Baaaaaaaam

All waxed up and done

So, overall I am really impressed with these products. I had some high expectations for how it'd turn out, and it definitely met them.

DO NOT WORRY, I WILL put tire shine on and clean the plastics. It got dark on me tonight and I had a cousin come by while I was cleaning it and my uncle and I talked to him, and I lost track of time.

I will get some more pics tomorrow in the sun, I can't wait to see the shine and how deep the paint looks in certain light. If anyone was looking for a good wax on dark vehicles, I definitely suggest this! I wanna try it out on some other vehicles soon as well and I'll post up pics when I do.

Lemme know what you guys think!

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Rained a little this morning though, just enough to get the car all wet. Just my luck, lol. Even checked before and it said no rain until late this week!

28ONE

Reaction score
Might I suggest CarPro Dlux for all your plastic trim...will keep it looking new

Count

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great!

I just tried blackfire wet diamond sealer along with blackfire midnight sun ivory carnauba wax and I'm very impressed as-well :thumb2:

retiring my Meguires now... lol

28ONE

Reaction score
Looks great!

I just tried blackfire wet diamond sealer along with blackfire midnight sun ivory carnauba wax and I'm very impressed as-well :thumb2:

Pick up some Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray...keep that wet look:buffer:

Count

forum member
Reaction score
Pick up some Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray...keep that wet look:buffer:

Thx man!! I will definitely look into it! I was also using a Mequires Ultimate Quik Detailer. Might have to retire that too... :D

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Might I suggest CarPro Dlux for all your plastic trim...will keep it looking new

I was about to see what you guys were using, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to pick some up for sure.

Looks great!

Thanks man! That's how I felt about my Meguiars stuff as well, haha.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Looking marvelous...love the name "dodo juice"

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Thanks man, as do I. That was a big selling point for me, LOL. I read a ton of reviews beforehand as well so don't think I DID just buy it for the name. Just happens to be a badass name as well.

Since the rain spotted it up a little, I went ahead and took the Red Mist to it. Also did the interior, trim, and tires.

Dodo Juice Lime Prime/Blue Velvet/Red Mist by Treyson M, on Flickr

Red Mist smells amazing too, haha. Like I'd love to have it as a fragrance for the interior it smells so good.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back