Late Night Cruise in the 5.0

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's a quick video I shot tonight. I've never used my Go Pro at night, and I don't think I will again after this...

Unless there's a night setting I overlooked.

Nothing to special here, but you get an idea of how it sounds at cruising speeds and a few different half throttle hits.

I'll continue to mess around with camera placement, but this was a decent angle.

It's not picking up the lopey idle all that well... You can tell it's loping, but it's not a good representation of the sound. It's much louder in person.

The exhaust tone is spot on though!

Lethal O/R X Pipe with Bassani Race Axleback. This is my current favorite setup for the 5.0.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Car sounds good! I like the night video, you can see the car well enough and just something you don't see every day.

2010GT

forum member
Reaction score
DUDE!!! I want your sound.... Are you running dumps or just like stock, out the back exit? It sounds like my old Fox body did with dumps before the axle. Also.. have you noticed anything bad with the Ghost Cam Tune and is it holding up well?

Last edited:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Im buying my Dad one of these for Christmas, I know its long from here but I like to plan early.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I gotta get me one of those cameras. Think it will stay mounted on the car at 140 MPH?

Yep. Plenty of people including psfracer and Chevykiller here have had Go Pro's on their cars at around those speeds. Not sure about holding that speed for long periods though on the Autobahn.

Car sounds good! I like the night video, you can see the car well enough and just something you don't see every day.

Thanks man! I love the exhaust too.

I'll see if I can find some kind of night setting to shoot from while driving at night.

Day videos come out so much smoother!

DUDE!!! I want your sound.... Are you running dumps or just like stock, out the back exit? It sounds like my old Fox body did with dumps before the axle. Also.. have you noticed anything bad with the Ghost Cam Tune and is it holding up well?

Just like stock. Stock manifolds, Lethal O/R X, and Bassani Race Axleback. Nothing special at all. I welded the O/R X at the connection point to prevent leaks. That was it.

Nothing bad about the Ghost Cams at all. Don't be fooled by a lot of the misinformation out there. Go with the Ghost Cam tune from John Lund and you'll be fine! I can't speak for these other guys' tunes, but the Lund tune is spot on! Runs amazing! Each time I drive it I have an ear to ear grin!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lund stopped selling the Ghost Cam tunes

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
I believe there is a night setting..Also isnt the go pro capable of filming in 1080?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a night setting..Also isnt the go pro capable of filming in 1080?

Yeah, it records in 1080p, but since I wasn't happy with the night quality, I didn't bother uploading it in 1080.

I had a wife who needed some attention last night, so I put the video together as fast as possible.

I'll look into the night settings. Still figuring this out.

I love it so far!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No cam tune with the blower. I may work something out with Lund though. I really miss it.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Setting:

SPT VS CNT

spot is for in car video where the distance objects are focus and near are out of focus(ex: track and focus out of the car on the track)

center is more a setting for just viewing everything (ex: in car at track with focus on shifting, gauges, driver with no focus on outside of car)

This is what i've found.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back