Lca's and Relocation brackets.

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Looking into getting some LCA'S and relocation brackets.

I wana know who sells the best brands ?

am gonna get adjustable uppers and solid lowers. But I heard billet lowers could break. I don't want anything that breaks in my car.

as for the Relocation brackets. Steeda has the one with three angles, BMR has with 2... So which one is better ?

Also what do you think of the steeda Anit-Roll bar ?

Thanks.

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
best

I have CHE, LCA and relo's but BMR and Steeda is very good too. No first hand knowledge of Steeda's relo's but bottom line with relo brackets, to be safe, weld them...IMO

Last edited:
J

jbailer

I've had the Metco LCA relocation brackets and billet LCAs for 2 years and have no complaints. It's hard to say 1 is better than the other, they just do their job. Just because I selected Metco and they have served me well doesn't mean I can say they are better than another. -Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the CHE LCA, UCA, Anti-Squat and Axle Brace. Very happy with the setup.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Steeda all the way around here.... works great for me

LCA
UCA
RE-LOCATION BRACKETS

06gt4rad

forum member
Reaction score
I am running the CHE Anti Squat wiht BBR Billet Lwr Arms and no issues.

I have never heard of the Billet arms breaking

PenguinGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BMR makes some nice stuff as well.

Never heard of billet LCAs breaking...

FOCBoss

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Up here in the cold north with the mosquitos.
I'm not new to the forum but new to posting, their's alot of good info on here so I've just been learning but thought I'd put my 2 cents in. How much track time does the car see? I originally had the steeda billet aluminum lca's and adjustable uca, and split the poly bushings in all 3, so I went with the edlebrock upper and lowers because they had solid bushings. My car sees the track every friday night(in the summer) for about 15-20 runs with mt street slicks at 5000rpm launches. The edelbrocks have been good so far, but the more solid the suspension the more noises I hear under the car. And up here in pot hole country that can get annoying.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm not new to the forum but new to posting, their's alot of good info on here so I've just been learning but thought I'd put my 2 cents in. How much track time does the car see? I originally had the steeda billet aluminum lca's and adjustable uca, and split the poly bushings in all 3, so I went with the edlebrock upper and lowers because they had solid bushings. My car sees the track every friday night(in the summer) for about 15-20 runs with mt street slicks at 5000rpm launches. The edelbrocks have been good so far, but the more solid the suspension the more noises I hear under the car. And up here in pot hole country that can get annoying.
I completely agree that an important consideration is how the car is used.

For example, mine sees plenty of drag strip action, so I have BMR adj LCAs with one spherical rod end. I chose performance/strength over a little increased noise. And since I needed the most instant center adjustability I could get, I went with the Steeda relocation brackets. I'm also having a BMR anti-roll bar installed right now, so I haven't track tested it yet.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
If you are tracking the car a lot, you could get out billet lowers with the spherical bushing on the axle side. Repeated high rpm slick launches can be rough on poly bushings after a while. As for the relocation brackets, just makes sure you weld them.

SONICBOOST

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have been happy with my bmr billet lca's. I am looking into the relocation brackets...

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Steeda Billet LCA's, Steeda Swaybars, and the BMR Relocation Brackets. I got the BMR Brackets because the Steeda's weren't out yet.

I have the poly bushings in both ends of the LCA's but with around 400 runs a year on M/T's I replace them at the beginning of each season.

Here are a couple of pics of my car launching on the Steeda swaybars (not the drag specific bar).
As you can see the car launches quite straight.
IMG_8335.jpg

ffw2.jpg

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CHE Anti Squats with Billet LCAs, CHE UCA and Lakewood Watts Link...other than being noiser than before, very nice setup...I've never read of anyone breaking billet LCAs...most of them are pretty beefy.

A Better question is:

What do you use the car for?
Do you have a power adder? What kind?
Are you trying to help launches...wheel hop...curves....
is your Car lowered? If yes, how much FR/Bk. That will change what kind of LCA/UCA you might need...and if anti-squats might help

Last edited:

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are tracking the car a lot, you could get out billet lowers with the spherical bushing on the axle side. Repeated high rpm slick launches can be rough on poly bushings after a while. As for the relocation brackets, just makes sure you weld them.

I have seen this said numerous times on the fourm. Why, exactly, is this recommended? Is there an issue with the relocation brackets causing unexpected bolt breakage or nuts backing off?

Just ordered the Steeda relocation brackets, but not sure I want to make it permenant enough to weld it in....

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have seen this said numerous times on the fourm. Why, exactly, is this recommended? Is there an issue with the relocation brackets causing unexpected bolt breakage or nuts backing off?
Here is one reason: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5316

Just ordered the Steeda relocation brackets, but not sure I want to make it permenant enough to weld it in....
You have to weld in the Steeda brackets... they do not bolt in at all.

06gt4rad

forum member
Reaction score
The CHE ones are way way beefier than the BMR ones that is for sure. One of the reasons i went with them.
And they have notches built into them that slide into the notches on the axle housing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back