lean codes on both banks

bobmare

Reaction score
merry x-mas to all.after letting my car sit a few weeks,I went to do some errands on sunday and while turning into a parking lot my car,07 Shelby gt,13250 mi.auto.,died.like turning off a light.went to my mom's on x-mas eve and it happened twice more,once when I turned off the freeway after a 50 mile drive on cruise running great and again when leaving, half a mile from her house.I hooked up code reader and got po171 and po174,both banks lean.I see others have had the same problem lately.could it be the ethanol in the gas.need all the help I can get.also,had it dyno tuned a few years ago and it has run perfectly until this.

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
merry x-mas to all.after letting my car sit a few weeks,I went to do some errands on sunday and while turning into a parking lot my car,07 Shelby gt,13250 mi.auto.,died.like turning off a light.went to my mom's on x-mas eve and it happened twice more,once when I turned off the freeway after a 50 mile drive on cruise running great and again when leaving, half a mile from her house.I hooked up code reader and got po171 and po174,both banks lean.I see others have had the same problem lately.could it be the ethanol in the gas.need all the help I can get.also,had it dyno tuned a few years ago and it has run perfectly until this.

Start with the basic check. At hot idle check the fuel trims and see wee there at. Also check fuel pressure. And baro pressure or HZ if available with the scan device your using. The baro reading will let u know if the MAF is contaminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
LIke said. Start with basics. When the car does shut off, does it start back up immediately or does it need a cool down period?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where are you located, how cold has it been and how much/how old is the gas?

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
A dirty or bad MAF is also a common thing with both banks running lean. Clean it and see what happens.

bobmare

Reaction score
thanks to all who responded.I finally got under the hood to check it all out and when I ever so lightly leaned on the cai elbow it moved out of the sleeve. I love simple and cheap fixes. have a safe and fun new year. bob

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen....loose CAI will do the same thing.

Back