Lets discuss members selling their Mustangs guys ...

Phil1098

Reaction score
Terry, when you go out to the garage and look at the Bullitt, can you actually see it leaving and never in your hands again? I know my old 06 isn't special to many on here, but I just love this car. The bright white and the red leather is absolutely perfect (hell, the whole car is, only has 8,200 miles on it) and somehow I can't imagine letting it out of my hands. I have toyed with the idea of a GT500 and on the surface most would say if I can afford it, that's a no brainer. It's not so much the money to buy the GT500, it's that I just can't sell this little white buddy of mine. For me it's like a switch gets thrown and when I'm done with something, I'm done, and I can't/won't look back. I'm no where close to that right now. Are you good with handing the keys to somebody else and seeing it drive away?

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
.... For me it's like a switch gets thrown and when I'm done with something, I'm done, and I can't/won't look back.

I am the same way, when I am done, it's over!( working on changing that) I have changed a bunch in the last few years. I am much less likely to do that anymore, the urge is still there though. Not that there is anything wrong with that....it's just not financially viable for me anymore. Ha

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, when you go out to the garage and look at the Bullitt, can you actually see it leaving and never in your hands again? I know my old 06 isn't special to many on here, but I just love this car. The bright white and the red leather is absolutely perfect (hell, the whole car is, only has 8,200 miles on it) and somehow I can't imagine letting it out of my hands. I have toyed with the idea of a GT500 and on the surface most would say if I can afford it, that's a no brainer. It's not so much the money to buy the GT500, it's that I just can't sell this little white buddy of mine. For me it's like a switch gets thrown and when I'm done with something, I'm done, and I can't/won't look back. I'm no where close to that right now. Are you good with handing the keys to somebody else and seeing it drive away?

Phil - I felt a bit the way you do with my 06 Vert, I had both the Vert and the GT500 for about 6 months, I never drove the vert during that period. I was nostalgic when the car was loaded on the truck to be shipped to the new owner. Maybe once or twice a year I miss the vert, typically it's a spring or fall morning in the low 60s and the sun shining.... then I drop the Shelby down to 2nd or 3rd lay 100' of rubber and she's forgotten... I've now had the Shelby about the same length I had the Vert, 7 yrs, I cannot evision selling the Shelby at this time, maybe in the future, for something more refined as I get older, IDK, crosses my mind from time to time as some of my car buddies get Porsche 911s, Lambo Gallardos & Huracans, GTRs etc.... only time will tell

Phil1098

Reaction score
Phil - I felt a bit the way you do with my 06 Vert, I had both the Vert and the GT500 for about 6 months, I never drove the vert during that period. I was nostalgic when the car was loaded on the truck to be shipped to the new owner. Maybe once or twice a year I miss the vert, typically it's a spring or fall morning in the low 60s and the sun shining.... then I drop the Shelby down to 2nd or 3rd lay 100' of rubber and she's forgotten... I've now had the Shelby about the same length I had the Vert, 7 yrs, I cannot evision selling the Shelby at this time, maybe in the future, for something more refined as I get older, IDK, crosses my mind from time to time as some of my car buddies get Porsche 911s, Lambo Gallardos & Huracans, GTRs etc.... only time will tell

To your point, I did that with motorcycles in the late 90's. I had a Ducati 916 and a Ducati 900 Monster in the garage together for about six months. I sold the monster because every time I went to the garage to go riding, if I didn't get on the 916, I felt I was missing out.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good to hear on your health. That's everything in this world!

I am rooting for you to make the change to the widebody. I think you would really enjoy it. If you did make it happen, the big question is, would you keep it stock?[emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
RM,

If this does take place I can say as a fact that the New replacement whatever it is will stay under the Factory Warranty.

Philip,

Are you good with handing the keys to somebody else and seeing it drive away?

Well my man according to how things go marketing wise.
I hope that the Bullitt Mustang is sold to some other Country and I don't see it leave.
And that I never-ever see it again as strange as I'm sure this might come across to some of you.

As I have said a few times regarding the car.
Whomever it is that ends up with it is going to be one extremely Happy owner.

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back