Location of Ambient Temperature Sensor--with Pictures!

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of the temperature sensor that I found in the front when adding some bi-xenon headlights/foglights.

This is a thermistor from its appearance. I moved mine so that it is in the grille and picks up incoming air temperature.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Attachments

• temp_sensor2.JPG
    temp_sensor2.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 90
  • temp_sensor1.JPG
    temp_sensor1.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 75
  • temp_sensor3.JPG
    temp_sensor3.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have never seen that on my car but i will look for it

Last edited:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
My 05 & 06 GTs both have that same sensor. It's the temp. sensor for the mirror.

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Yes, that ambient sensor is picked up on my Aeroforce guages. Interestingly my IAT sensor (located on the intake manifold runner of the Saleen blower) is hooked up using rerouted stock MAF wires, so it is picked up on my Aeroforce guages too and the IAT is almost always about 20 degrees higher than ambient temp.

Thanks for posting the picture, I may move mine now too and see what difference I get between the two.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
At least in the SCT software, the parameter picked up by the PCM is called "inferred ambient air temprature" which implies that it is calculated, like cylinder head temps, and not read directly like coolant temps. I had the whole front end of the car off over the winter and didn't spot any temp sensor, but I also don't have the fancy mirror, either. Not saying I didn't miss it, but I had the grille, fascia, and both headlight buckets off the car, and didn't spot anything that I couldn't readily identify.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back