Long Tube Headers

09shelby

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on what brand headers to get for my 09 shelby?

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
I had kooks on my Shelby back when I had it. Hope you like noise cause man does it get loud.

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have always ran BBK on every stang Ive had including this one...I say BBK but ARH seem like anther poplar choice on here...either of the two. I guess price vs quality would be an issue for me.

chuck@evoperform

Boss surgeon
Official Vendor
Reaction score
For installs, I prefer doing either the ARH or the Stainless Works.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. I like the bolts that come with the ARH, and the bolt holes are slotted both top and bottom, where the SW are only slotted on the bottom, making the passenger side a little more difficult.

The SW have a break in the flange on the drivers side so the dipstick doesnt have to be removed completely.

The ARH comes with O2 extension harness, the SW does not. The SW are a little cheaper, but I feel the quality is about the same.

If you are going to do the install yourself, I very strongly recommend doing it on a lift, and have 3 pole jacks and an extra person to help you remove the K frame. Having the K frame out makes the job about 300% easier.

If you give Fred at Evolution a call on Monday, he can hook you up on a good price.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I can't begin to imagine how much easier it would be to do long tubes with the k-member removed!

Garage floor with jackstands FTL here.

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
What axle back did you have on it, and did you have cats?

I had the high flow cats and a bassani race axelback. sounded mean. Let me tell you though teh interior noise increased a bit. I combated it by placing dyno mat on the floor boards and trunk area. Helped make my stereo sound a bit better also.

xxxcobraxxx

forum member
Reaction score
American Racing or JBA Longtubes. Had great luck with both!
American Racing if going over 650 RWHP, if you are staying below that
then JBA 1 3/4 will do great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back