Look what the UPS man dropped off today...

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
They will do exactly that.
Mine stayed in the garage when not being driven so that helped.
But for anyone living up North with the Salt, Chemicals used on the roads Bad-News.
I am thinking maybe the answer is to take one out and go to a Large Bolt
& Screw Company and see if they have the same size in (Stainless).

tigerhonaker

That would be the best bet. He'll, Lowe's usually has a wide selection of SS bolts. If all else fails, clean them up real good with some Naval Jelly, that shit strips rust like you wouldn't believe, then prime with Rustoleum rust preventative primer and then paint them your color of choice.

Lemme know if you can't find the Naval Jelly. I have a couple bottles and can get more easily.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just a little update guys: For any if you guys that are planning on getting a set of these wheels, be warned....the alan head screws that hold the center caps in place rust very easily. I have seen pictures and a buddy of mine has them on his SN-95, and they look like crap. It rained here the other day while I was at work and a couple of mine already started showing signs of rust. So, I took the screws off today, cleaned them and put a couple coats of clear on them to hopefully prevent any more. I am going to contact Racestars about this tomorrow. Not a huge deal, but you don't expect to but a set of wheels and have the hardware start to rust within the first week. :hammer:

Same thing happened with my Gred Welds (basically the same wheel) except it happened with both the center cap bolts and the lug nuts/washers. IMO, the lugs washers and those bolts a shitty junk only good for holding the bottom of the trash bag down in the garbage can.

I bought McGard lug nuts and stainless washers (lifetime warranty against rust) and stainless center cap bolts. Problem solved. However.....stainless and aluminum are too far apart on the galvanic scale and they will react like a battery and corrode, so when you put them together you need to use an anti-seize or anti-corrosion compound.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That would be the best bet. He'll, Lowe's usually has a wide selection of SS bolts. If all else fails, clean them up real good with some Naval Jelly, that shit strips rust like you wouldn't believe, then prime with Rustoleum rust preventative primer and then paint them your color of choice.

Lemme know if you can't find the Naval Jelly. I have a couple bottles and can get more easily.
Tom,

Thanks Pal. :thumb2:

Terry

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Well, I am going to first see how these do now that I have put a couple layers of clear coat on them. If they start to rust again I am taking a trip to Fastenal(they have everything!) and hopefully find some stainless ones.

Tjm73, I think the lugnuts are stainless. They seem to be okay and the directions said to apply anti-seize to the studs so I am assuming they are. But I am still calling Racestars today about the alan head screws.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Well, I just spoke with Mike at Racestar Industries and he told me that they have had problems with that in the past and that all the hardware is now stainless. He said that those screws(not all of them are rusting, only like 5 or 6 of them) must have slipped through. I gave him all my information and he said he would ship me a new set of screws out. He was super friendly. I will let you guys know if/when they get here.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tjm73, I think the lugnuts are stainless. They seem to be okay and the directions said to apply anti-seize to the studs so I am assuming they are. But I am still calling Racestars today about the alan head screws.

Racestar may have upgraded their lugs. I don't know if they did or not. But I'll buy McGards anyway for piece of mind.

Well, I just spoke with Mike at Racestar Industries and he told me that they have had problems with that in the past and that all the hardware is now stainless. He said that those screws(not all of them are rusting, only like 5 or 6 of them) must have slipped through. I gave him all my information and he said he would ship me a new set of screws out. He was super friendly. I will let you guys know if/when they get here.

Now that's customer service and standing by your product.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
As you guys know, I spoke to Mike at Racestars on Tuesday and he said he would get me some new stainless allen head screws shipped out. Well, it is now Thursday and the screws are already here.(only 2 days later!) And to top it off, he sent me a whole box full(didn't count but there are at least 60-70 screw in there!). Now that is some good customer service! :thumb2:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As you guys know, I spoke to Mike at Racestars on Tuesday and he said he would get me some new stainless allen head screws shipped out. Well, it is now Thursday and the screws are already here.(only 2 days later!) And to top it off, he sent me a whole box full(didn't count but there are at least 60-70 screw in there!). Now that is some good customer service! :thumb2:

Excellent :thumb2:

tigerhonaker

keeno

Mustang Freak
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I said...:crazy:

Hey just bought a new pair of Nittos 275/40/17 from the guy on here. Still have the labels on them.
Worried I may have gotten ripped off on this purchase.......

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Worried I may have gotten ripped off on this purchase.......

Ya, I notice the seller seemed really sketchy. That sucks, did you pay w/ the "gift" option? And did you pay paypal w/ a credit card? I always pay paypal w/ my cc, that way I can always call my cc and stop payment.

I hope you get your money back!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back