Lowered Saleen S/C and strut bars

Skarkull

forum member
Reaction score
I have a saleen S/C on my 2005, and I am wanting to put a strutbar on my car, since I am on alot of road courses. I know saleen makes a strut bar for the S/C but I also have the BBR motor mounts that lower the engine. Any input on what strut braces would fit? I think the agent 47 would fit, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any info that anyone can provide.

-James

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know that Thump_rrr has/had one that ran through the bottom of the plenum. There's pictures around here somewhere.

Starfire

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I believe that's the only one that will fit. I have it, but my engine is not lowered.

Sum2011_1.jpg

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
you may have an issue with the strut tower brace on the Saleen SC since it routes through the plenum opening and your engine is lowerd. If you have the BBR adj mounts you can raise the engine back up to stock height to fit the bar.

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I had my saleen on, I barely had room to close the hood and I had the Bmr k member with the 1/2 lowered motor mounts

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Skarkull

forum member
Reaction score
Engine is getting lowered, that is a sealed deal. I won't have my S/C rubbing my hood. I just wanted to know if there was a strut brace that would fit through it afterwards, or over it.

cdmsaleen

Reaction score
My engine was lowered and I have the Chicane/Saleen STB with no problems at all. There is a specific set of mounting brackets used for lowered engines than the non lowered ones. Unfortunately with the passing of Joe @ Chicane Motorsports, I would give Jason or Matt @281 Motorsports a call and they could probably help you out very easily.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the lowered motor, I did not know they made different sets of mounting brackets for that strut bar. Need to make that call as well

Skarkull

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the lowered motor, I did not know they made different sets of mounting brackets for that strut bar. Need to make that call as well

Well, currently I'm in Afghanistan, so if you call, please pass that information to us here on the boards.

-James

dly

forum member
Reaction score
If you can weld you can make one. I used scrap metal and my mig welder and a weekend to make mine.
DSCF0918.jpg

DSCF0921.jpg

DSCF0919.jpg

DSCF0920.jpg

dly

dly

forum member
Reaction score
On Canton's Radiator tank there is an overflow line that is not on the stocker. When I installed it several years ago I looked around my garage and found some SS line and a Monster can. At most Dragstrips or other race tracks you need to capture any possible loose liquids. That was my solution. Also it gets alot of attention at car shows.
DSCF0546.JPG

dly

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back