Mark Luton of MMR sets a new record for Mod Motor powered Mustangs!!

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's a fucken fast modular regardless though....
I bet there isn't a corral.net member alive, that isn't jerking off to MMR's website. "Oh Mark, you are the greatest!"

I wonder who they got to build it for them?

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bill - like the mods are going to moderate a fellow moderator.... be real.....

maybe you should aquatint yourself with our board a bit better

He practically lived at DFWStangs for quite a while. I am positive he isn't a stranger to places like this. When he actually does want moderation he goes back to E&E's place.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He practically lived at DFWStangs for quite a while. I am positive he isn't a stranger to places like this. When he actually does want moderation he goes back to E&E's place.

lol, maybe not a stranger..... but obviously ignorant to how S197froum works.............. :beer:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still remember their "2100hp build" thead on turbofoums.com. They drilled an oil passage on a, at the time, almost $4K block with a hand drill and a Chinese Harbor Freight fake ass TiN coated drill bit. Granted, it wasn't exactly critical work but I think I could have made time to put it in a Bridgeport or drill press.
He practically lived at DFWStangs for quite a while. I am positive he isn't a stranger to places like this.
lol, maybe not a stranger..... but obviously ignorant to how S197froum works.............. :beer:

He's not alone, there are quite a few who are quickly learning. Also, understand that I am not exactly bashing Bill, he is just obviously unwise to the MMR (Modular Mustang Racket).

Lesson #1 - You do not talk about MMR

Lesson #2 - You do not talk about MMR

Lesson #3 - If someone's MMR part fails, you bash them for the purchase, then quickly sympathize and recommend a reputable shop.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First rule of S197forums......... we dont buy from MMR
Second rule......................... we don't buy from MMR
Third rule.............................. we don't buy from MMR

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still remember their "2100hp build" thead on turbofoums.com. They drilled an oil passage on a, at the time, almost $4K block with a hand drill and a Chinese Harbor Freight fake ass TiN coated drill bit. Granted, it wasn't exactly critical work but I think I could have made time to put it in a Bridgeport or drill press.

He's not alone, there are quite a few who are quickly learning. Also, understand that I am not exactly bashing Bill, he is just obviously unwise to the MMR (Modular Mustang Racket).

Lesson #1 - You do not talk about MMR

Lesson #2 - You do not talk about MMR

Lesson #3 - If someone's MMR part fails, you bash them for the purchase, then quickly sympathize and recommend a reputable shop.

:roflmao:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I watched the car on the live feed over the weekend---there was another thread on here to with pictures of the car---its a real work of art. As far as MMR, I purchased a CAI and some coil overs from them 3 years ago and the transaction was normal -- so I don't have any first hand horror stories to tell. But the car is gorgeous -- I am going to see it in person at the Street Car Super Nationals in Vegas in November.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I just dropped my car off at a local guy's shop and I saw his son working on his engine and asked him what happened...his oil pump just failed and it was an MMR pump.

ShadowLands

Banned
Reaction score
It's a fucken fast modular regardless though....
Not fast enough considering it isn't legal for damn near any class.

I wonder who they got to build it for them?
Think real hard kids......who else in California (and really close to these shit-stains) that builds really damn good modulars that go really damn fast. Here's a hint: his company also builds throttle bodies.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Last time I checked there is a guy who may or may not be named John that has been running in the 7's for a while and is now running in the 6's!

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
aeromotive has been 6.50's at 225 with their mod motor lol, I wouldn't say they set a mod motor record for anything lol, and they did it two years ago......

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah 2 1/2 years ago John was in the 6.3Xs. At the 2008 Winternationals he laid down a 6.50 @ 214 in his (now) old car, a Cougar. Now he has the Lucas Oil sponsored S197 mustang. Here is the vid I shot a while back:

[SFIRE]king-of-the-modular-ford_150251[/SFIRE]

Boozshey

Reaction score
Saw this pic... See the car in the top center crossed out... At first I thought it was the MMR car...???

5_0_LethalCover.jpg

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep - the car is actually a waste of time and money IMO.

First of all, it is nowhere in the realm of breaking any records for a modular, and secondly, as someone pointed out, they are running the car in the PSCA in which it qualifies for no class it can compete in...lol

If they slow it down, they could run the mustang madness class (8.50 cap ET) or they could run super street (8.60 and 7.60 index class)

but they can forget about any head up racing which is what a car like that should be built for IMO. They won't make a dent in outlaw and they can't qualify for extreme, limited, hot, or wild classes.

A lot of money for a bracket car that will never be able to win anything in any of the bracket classes...lol

But my money is on it isn't for any of that anyway. It's to sell MMR motors and parts IMO - at least - that's the idea...

"Let's get John to build us a semi-reliable fast set-up and go out and get some attention with MMR stickers and we can sell some motors..."

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back