Max Effort questions

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Marry Christmas,

-Should i run this quick time bell? I think it weighs more then the stick unit.

-How do i adapt Gt500 TB to my 3v

- what all is involved in switching to 4v heads, and what intake would i run? Im pretty deep into the 3v setup but before i purchase jesels setup i just want to make sure.

20171223_140511.jpg

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
You will need the bell for safety sake. Run it. Either build the 3v or Coyote swap it, there isn't another option that will work and work as well for the dollars spent. A head swap is waaaay too much squeeze for the juice.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL at worrying about the weight of a piece of safety equipment.
You need your meds adjusted.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
If you don't want the bell just send to me. I'll make a table base of it. Lol

46addict

Reaction score
I think the PCM looks at the MAF load and TB angle from the drive by wire system to figure out how much fuel to command. Ditching this system will create more issues.

For the GT500 TB, here is one option. http://www.blowbyracing.com/bbtgtthbokit.html
Some people have elongated the mounting holes in the TB to make this work without using an adapter plate, but that was with a stock manifold. The potential problem with this route is the TB butterflies may hit the manifold.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
I'm done, its final. The 3 valve is getting completed as stated without jessels setup. Instead of spending that money on the 3v, right now im starting the DOB trinity 4v build. My woman just got a job so ill have the extra money. I just gotta keep putting in the long hours.The goal is simply to have the baddest stick shift s197 ever built, and thats going to happen. When the 3v lets go, hopefully a few parts will transfer over. I just want one year out of the 3v. If it not up for the task and doesnt make it, it doesnt make it.

Screenshot_20171224-124023.jpg

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I wish I could work ot to waste a catastrophic amount of money on a build I don't even know how to complete. I'm on salary!! I've wasted my life. Merry Christmas.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I really would like to run this TB any idea how i can make this work? It would be nice to ditch the fly-by-wire

You can't really ditch the drive by wire on the 3V. If you did it will require a bunch of custom tunning to figure it out, plus a tunner that wants get involved with that mess. 2V new edge guys who look at 3v swaps get turned off as too much work to get the 3V to work as you need a drive by wire setup for the minimal gains really.

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
You might want to find the guy that has the current "baddest stick shift s197" and pick his brain to see what he has done. (Hint, you'll probably find him at a drag strip) Then with a viable plan, a good skill set and another paycheck or two, you just might succeed. ;)

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Who has the fastest 6 speed currently?

And yes, the TB would be best suited with an aftermarket ECM and you'd probably have to result to speed density tuning.

Hopefully that company will sell me just the adapter plate.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, you can definitely run a throttle cable and still use mass airflow. Really depends on the ECU you're using.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Who has the fastest 6 speed currently?

It ain't a 3v but Billet Pro Shop has the fastest T56 Mod Motor car I know of, I don't know of any stick shift 9 second 3v's.

My 4200+lb Land Yacht ran a 10,38@138 with a G-Force T56, 3.90 gears and what was likely a 350shot. that would've been a tad quicker but I didn't get a clean shift into 3rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgcOXTbh3tY

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I would trust that aluminum DS for what you're trying to do, I have a steel one in my car for that very reason, that and I haven't had the $$ for a CF one yet.

travelers

Reaction score
The SS/A car that I worked on had around 1K HP with 15" MT slicks and a Mark Williams alum drive shaft that is the Accu-bond system. No vibes and works great. My friend tried a CF drive shaft but lost a .5 tenth. So just some info to think about.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
The SS/A car that I worked on had around 1K HP with 15" MT slicks and a Mark Williams alum drive shaft that is the Accu-bond system. No vibes and works great. My friend tried a CF drive shaft but lost a .5 tenth. So just some info to think about.

Thanks for the info, that's crazy that he lost ET with the CF DS, it should be lighter than the aluminum. I saw on the DSS website that their aluminum shafts are rated to 900hp and I know the OP is shooting for more than that, maybe a lot more. something worth investing some time to research for sure.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back