Me losing in a bracket race

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a video taken from the car I was racing against, you can see my car a few times. I don't know the guy, I just happened to find this video on youtube. He's in a Duster. This is the 2nd time I've raced him, lost both times. This run was probably my worst of the day. Good thing he only celebrates like that in his car and not the pits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_KmTAxFCs&feature=related

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I can see this getting under my skin, not being your best run and him boosting a bit to much.

I guess I should be flattered he was that excited to beat me. lol. Actually if you watch his other videos, he gets pretty hyped up after every round win. The first time he beat me was at the 2010 Halloween Classic at Norwalk. We were down to 5 cars when we met up. Again, I had a terrible light. I'll remember this video the next time we meet. lol.

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
Man that guy seems like a total spaz...but hey at least he's having a good time, that's the whole point.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah...that dude was just a little too worked up. LOL

Cool video though. Never been to that track- looks like a decent place to get some hits in. Most of the 1/8 mile tracks we have around are awful.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah...that dude was just a little too worked up. LOL

Cool video though. Never been to that track- looks like a decent place to get some hits in. Most of the 1/8 mile tracks we have around are awful.

It's a little outlaw track in eastern Ohio. It hooks pretty good, it could use some resurfacing. One of the oldest tracks in Ohio. My dad raced there when it was a 1/4 mile track.

I dont think it was personal, he was just excited to win.

Not taking it personally. I just have a different mentality. I prefer to act like I've been there, done that, next victim please. lol I'm more mad at myself for that awful run in the finals.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
I have seen people act this way at the track before. I am like you, when I win I quietly roll back into the lanes for the next round. If I win the race I go up for my picture and $ and go home.
Dude seemed like a bit of a spaz.

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Personally, I was waiting for him to drive off into the field while he was turned around screaming at the camera. Now THAT woulda been funny.

cop on my back

forum member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he would be injured pretty bad if he were to crash? Just a lap belt, no belt? He looks like he is sitting on freshly Armoralled seats.

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks he would be injured pretty bad if he were to crash? Just a lap belt, no belt? He looks like he is sitting on freshly Armoralled seats.

Looked like he had a dial in on the windshield of 7.70, which technically isnt fast enough to be required to have a cage. But YES, with just lap belts in that thing he would be hurting in the event of a crash... the armor all wouldnt have done him any favors lol

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
He just has lap belts. It must pass tech because he races at Pittsburgh, Quaker, Magnolia and Norwalk.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
He was checking you out OP as he passed you, and then brags to himself in the rearview mirror......lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
He was checking you out OP as he passed you, and then brags to himself in the rearview mirror......lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's bracket racing. You're usually looking at the other car more than the track. He was on the brakes pretty hard just staying ahead of me so he crossed first but didn't breakout. He's a good racer. He's ither Street class or Mod class champion at Pittsburgh this year.

Back