MicroBlue...Snakeoil???

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Similar to titanium nitride? I wonder if it would help or hurt, what I mean is would you want to alter how much oil the crank or any other part can absorb, even on a small scale? Shedding oil might not be the best thing for lubricity. Just a guess.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There does seem to be some favorable feedback out there on the web. Hard to tell if it is worth the money.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picture7_zpsv8tc6tpz.png

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody using microblue on their ring and pinion? Before and after dyno results?

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
I would consider WPC treating, but I've never heard of Microblue.

http://www.microblueracing.com/

They treat the ring and pinion similar to the WPC treatment and then add another coating. They also treat the bearings. I called them and it was $200 for ring and pinion and then $35 per bearing. So around $340 to do the whole rear end. He told me that racers use it a lot and have been known to pick up a couple mph in the quarter with just this treatment.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would never do this. It can't possibly pay.

So far, all I can say is that the engine builder noticed the engine turned over exceptionally easy, when it was all put back together again.

I think they had some before and after inch pound torque wrench test data over on the bullet.

If it only does a better job keeping the oil film intact between moving parts, it would be worth it to me.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Unless the engine seizes or immediately wears out, what would be the point? It's not like even if you did reduce wear you are returning the parts and getting paid a substantial amount by mass.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unless the engine seizes or immediately wears out, what would be the point? It's not like even if you did reduce wear you are returning the parts and getting paid a substantial amount by mass.

I am more interested in keeping the oil film intact at 7000 rpm when it is making all the power. If It helps with that, money very well spent.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Let's go higher, which top fuel teams or F1 teams are using a tech like this? MotoGP, heck even the latest superbikes...

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let's go higher, which top fuel teams or F1 teams are using a tech like this? MotoGP, heck even the latest superbikes...

Who would give away a trade secret? They do a lot of parts, I suspect people don't say much because it is hard to measure.

When I did my due diligence, I felt there was enough support to send my stuff in. For a 600 RWHP build and under, not sure I would spend the money.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Formula 1 tech is like one step below NASA. The things they do with those cars is just amazing to me.

Postman

forum member
Reaction score
I used it for many years on my NMRA Renegade Car. It was worth every penny. I won the 2001 NMRA Renegade Championship, runner upped up in 2002 set a ton of ET and MPH records in 03 and 04 won "World Ford challenge" in 2005 and Outlaw true street 7sec class in 2009.

I ran the same 7sec motor from 2007 thru 2009 without a rebuild. 331 x big bore = 352 sbf 10:1 compression and 38+ of boost with a F2 Procharger in a 3200lb car 7.76 @ 176mph. After the 3rd season the low tension rings were shot but the bearings still look perfect.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
We've done two sets of rear gears, one on my Dad's car and the other was on my boss'. For my Dad, his swap was pretty comparable. 3.55 to coated 3.55, only other thing done at the time was a 1 piece DS as well. The car picked up 4-5 mph in the quarter by doing it out in the summer heat of eastern Washington compared to the year prior. (best trap of 126 before, 131 after). The car went 132mph locally before the swap, sadly never got the chance to see what it would do after.

There's some data on the amount of force required to turn the differential after having the gears/bearings (we did both) coated and it more than cuts it in half. I'm surprised more people don't run it, considering there aren't many things you can do for $600 that provide those kinds of gains.

I can 100% assure anybody on here that it WILL improve the performance of your car. Weir Racing sells & stocks kits including coated gears and bearings so no down time.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
We've done two sets of rear gears, one on my Dad's car and the other was on my boss'. For my Dad, his swap was pretty comparable. 3.55 to coated 3.55, only other thing done at the time was a 1 piece DS as well. The car picked up 4-5 mph in the quarter by doing it out in the summer heat of eastern Washington compared to the year prior. (best trap of 126 before, 131 after). The car went 132mph locally before the swap, sadly never got the chance to see what it would do after.

There's some data on the amount of force required to turn the differential after having the gears/bearings (we did both) coated and it more than cuts it in half. I'm surprised more people don't run it, considering there aren't many things you can do for $600 that provide those kinds of gains.

I can 100% assure anybody on here that it WILL improve the performance of your car. Weir Racing sells & stocks kits including coated gears and bearings so no down time.

Wow, that is impressive. I would think the DS would be worth 1-2 mph so the remainder would be the coating. Do you happen to have before and after time slips from your dad's gt500 runs? What about the data on the amount of force before and after install?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back