Mineral Grey Saleen S281

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys just put the Saleen Heat Extractor hood on it the other day. Have to take more pics....

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys just put the Saleen Heat Extractor hood on it the other day. Have to take more pics....

Nice, I like that hood. It is aluminum, correct? How is the clearance under the hood/fit? Where did you get it and how much?

Looking forward to the pics.

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
Hood

Yeah Hatchman, the hood is aluminum (original Saleen) it was bought from the Found a Deal/ Saleen Inc. horde of parts. The hood was like new and needed to be painted my color. It did not come with the Heat Extractor grilles which I ordered from Saleen for about 120.00. I wound up paying less than half of the 1699.00 Saleen was asking. Will post pics in a day or two.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah Hatchman, the hood is aluminum (original Saleen) it was bought from the Found a Deal/ Saleen Inc. horde of parts. The hood was like new and needed to be painted my color. It did not come with the Heat Extractor grilles which I ordered from Saleen for about 120.00. I wound up paying less than half of the 1699.00 Saleen was asking. Will post pics in a day or two.

Nice, good deal. Now pics or it doesn't exist. LOL!

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya Hatchman! The only thing I had The Honey Do List today, powerwashing the deck. And I didn't get a chance to wash the car to take pics. I'm in the East and all this green shit is coming off the trees and getting all over the car. It's a nightmare! Gotta wash it every two days. It Sucks!

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having an sc hood on mine but my money will be in go fast parts for a little while yet

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
Have all the Go-Fast parts already just doing all the prep first. Did the Big Brake Kit, S/C hood, now comes the S/C, then the six speed, then the Eaton with the 4.10's and my Watts Link. Is that Go-Fast enough? BTW Sharp 06 Saleen love that color are you a member of SCOA?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Thanks no I'm not. I plan on a sc next year and until then I am going to do supporting mods. Mabey we can get a group buy on saleen sc's from a vendor if there is enough people

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry have all my parts sitting on shelves in my warehouse waiting to be installed. A group buy is a great idea though.

rmays

forum member
Reaction score
Love the Saleen and the color, the wheels...not so much.

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
What don't you like? Just Curious, I thought they showed the brakes off great and they were a good color for the car. Thanks for the compliment on the car.

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
New Hood

My Bad! Had this on for about a month now and just getting around to posting some pics.

Attachments

• DSCN0655.jpg
    DSCN0655.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0654.jpg
    DSCN0654.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0652.jpg
    DSCN0652.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 14

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Mac, I just went for a more subtle look I got bored with the Chrome Bullitts and the Saleen Seven Spokes. I felt the wheels were a match with the stripes and made the car flow. Finally ready to install the S/C in the beginning of July, can't wait!

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Thanks Mac, I just went for a more subtle look I got bored with the Chrome Bullitts and the Saleen Seven Spokes. I felt the wheels were a match with the stripes and made the car flow. Finally ready to install the S/C in the beginning of July, can't wait!

yeah...you'll love that. Best mod that I ever did.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks great, love the hood and I think those wheels look better than the other two you mentioned. Chrome Bullitts look good, but dang, everybody and their brother has them. What SC are you going with?

GM EATER

forum member
Reaction score
S/C

Thanks Hatchman, I have a Saleen S/C 39lb injectors, 3.6 pulley, Steeda Tensioner and Techco CAI. It's going to be installed and tuned by Realspeed up here.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back