Modifications?

mp 2010

forum member
Reaction score
So I've got some money to spend (not really but what the hell) and I kinda narrowed it down to two things a clutch kit from fidanza along with a flywheel and a set of gears (4.30's) now I'm just curious about the up's and downs about my decision I understand the gear might be too much and my top speed will be reduced so will I be able to live with it? I really care about how quick the car moves out of a light in the street... roll races are not my thing so...does anyone here have 4.30's on a daily driven s197? and the clutch well the reason for changing the clutch is not because it's worn it's more becouse the TOB's noise is driving me insane and since I'm pulling it to change the TOB might as well upgrade the clutch and flywheel at the same time? give me some info I've been laggin for weeks saying I'm going to buy this and never do maybe someone can help me buy or not?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I've got some money to spend (not really but what the hell) and I kinda narrowed it down to two things a clutch kit from fidanza along with a flywheel and a set of gears (4.30's) now I'm just curious about the up's and downs about my decision I understand the gear might be too much and my top speed will be reduced so will I be able to live with it? I really care about how quick the car moves out of a light in the street... roll races are not my thing so...does anyone here have 4.30's on a daily driven s197? and the clutch well the reason for changing the clutch is not because it's worn it's more becouse the TOB's noise is driving me insane and since I'm pulling it to change the TOB might as well upgrade the clutch and flywheel at the same time? give me some info I've been laggin for weeks saying I'm going to buy this and never do maybe someone can help me buy or not?

I think the 4:30 Gears are to much for a daily Driver DD. I have the FRPP
4:10 Gear and they are Quiet and work just fine at the Lights.

I just had a New DF Centerforce Clutch installed.

Plus the MGW Shifter.

I did not switch out the Flywheel as it was still like New.

BeforeBrenspeedTripinAugust24-1-1.jpg

DFDualfrictionCenterforceClutchg-1.jpg

DFDualfrictionCenterforceClutchB-1.jpg

BeforeBrenspeedTripinAugust22.jpg

BeforeBrenspeedTripinAugust20.jpg

BeforeBrenspeedTripinAugust7-1.jpg

mp 2010

forum member
Reaction score
do the gears make a big difference or not really? with the 4.10's how's fwy driving speed's?

Edit: and what did you have before 3.55's or 3.73's?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
do the gears make a big difference or not really? with the 4.10's how's fwy driving speed's?

Edit: and what did you have before 3.55's or 3.73's?
I have a 2008 Bullitt Mustang and it comes with the 3:73 Gears.

I changed them to the FRPP 4:10 Gears.

frpp144FordRacingPerformancePartsLo.jpg

Order the FRPP 4:10 Gears from here. Great price..........

BOIlogo175px.jpg

Yes, Mayor difference in the Power from a Stand Still and when driving on the interstate at say 70MPH.

You can just push on the Go-Pedal and move right out..............

At 75MPH it is at 2,500 RPM on the Tach.

Not Bad at all but makes a big difference in daily driving.

Don't overlook something that should be one of the very 1st things to purchase.

A Brenspeed 93 Octane Custom Performance Tune.

BrenspeedHeader.jpg

BrenspeedTuners.jpg

Now that makes a Major Difference in Response.

No-Lag Period when you touch the Gas Pedal ........

I would recommend doing the FRPP 4:10 Gears along with the Brenspeed Tune and then take it from there.

The New Dual Friction Centerforce Clutch I just did like 3 days ago is really right.

It will sit your but in the seat between the Gears and it Ain'T Gonna-Slip !!!!!

Last edited:

mp 2010

forum member
Reaction score
sounds good thanks terry!!!
I'm still hoping to hear some feedback from someone who uses the 4.30's on a DD

but if not I guess I heard enough good from people who use the 4.10's the only thing that had me curious was that, I dont really care about highway speeds so much so if the 4.30's are better for someone who likes to drag race... then why not but I guess either way 4.10's or 4.30's coming from 3.55's I'll deff feel the diff right?

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

but if not I guess I heard enough good from people who use the 4.10's the only thing that had me curious was that, I dont really care about highway speeds so much so if the 4.30's are better for someone who likes to drag race... then why not but I guess either way 4.10's or 4.30's coming from 3.55's I'll deff feel the diff right?

Yes. It will be immediate. You won't know what hit you and it will be harder than hell to wipe the grin off your face.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Right !!!!!!!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back