Muffler Deletes?

SnowVapor

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Okay so I have a v6 with the FRPP dual conversion kit and GTA mufflers. The car runs great, but the GTA mufflers are not quite the sound I am looking for. I have been looking into muffler deletes and I like the "Pypes Bomb" kit.

Has anyone tried this product on a v6?

Thanks

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your first post!

WELCOME to S197forum :cheers:

Have you been able to search Youtube for any clips?

What "sound" are you after?

SnowVapor

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome!

Well I am unable to find any videos on youtube of the kit on a v6 because it is made for the GT. But because I already did the FRPP conversion to dual with an X-pipe, I THINK my exhaust is very similar to that of a GT, but I know the v6 and the v8 engines are very different and thats why I was asking if anyone has tried it on a v6, or what anyone thinks about how it might sound.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I insulted an S197forum member and I am sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you should probably try a cannister style muffler first. i know that sixxers can get a bit obnoxious with the raspiness when the mufflers arent there. that or maybe do some resonators with the deletes

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
you should probably try a cannister style muffler first. i know that sixxers can get a bit obnoxious with the raspiness when the mufflers arent there. that or maybe do some resonators with the deletes

truth, the even firing order of the V6 is not conducive to good exhaust sounds. After trying Pypes Violators we went to a GT take off system. Believe it or not the car sounds healthy and good from the rear. But it is quiet inside. The best of both worlds. My wife hated the GT take offs at first until I had her stand behind the car and listen to how good it sounds. I had a V10 Triton that was the same way, it sounded horrid with a straight thru muffler. But when I finally found a chambered muffler for it the difference was amazing. Nice throaty sound, no drone and a peaceful cabin. A V6 isn't a V8, you will never emulate the sound of a V8 with a sixer. But the sixer sounds darned good with an x-pipe and 2 chambered mufflers. It can still be loud, but you have to kill some of the bad sounds. Raspiness is bad in a V6, and a V10.

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of custom Corsa DB blacks with 4" tips I would sell. They are straight threw design. they cost me $600 but i'd let them go keeper than that.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I think the muffler deletes would sound weird on a V6. Stick with the FRPP setup you have.

agreed, I had 2 previous set ups on the wife's car before I went to GT take offs. Unless the OP has big bucks for Corsa's or something the best sound is from chambered mufflers.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
my friend had a sixxer that had the roush axleback that sounded good = )

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
Before you fork out the money for the delete pipes.....take ur mufflers off and drive it around and whatnot......the sound will be very very similar ;)

I would personally keep the setup you have....I have GT mufflers now and an H pipe I like the sound....but not as well as the GTA's you have....and I like the mac Flowpath mufflers all around the best! and at 59 bucks per muffler you can't beat the price!

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Anyone local want to try out my straight pipes, they can. They were mocked-up from GT take-off mufflers and straight pipe. Sound a little better than just disconnecting or removing the muffler.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back