Music to my ears....

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
I just used 3M double sided tape to hold them on. Even in the Florida heat, the rear ones are still mounted, so I hope the ones in the doors are as well!

Did u do them on on the inside Of the door panel(where the liner is) or behind the speaker? I couldn't figure out how to hold everything and stick it to the door behind the speaker all at the same time, lol. The 3m tape I used on the drivers door held good, but it must have been just too humid yesterday; no tape would stick at all. It was crazy. I'm in Louisiana so I feel your pain

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
I have Infinity Kappa speakers on all 4 corners with my Shaker 500 also. Great speakers. Major improvement over stock but they really came into their own once I amplified them. I recently went from a Scosche SLC4 passive speaker level to line level converter to a AudioControl LC6i powered line level converter that generates a sub output and cleaned up the sound even more. It also eliminated the ground loop noise I was getting.

Did you keep the door subs powered by the stock headunit/shaker 500?

Getting close to ordering some speakers and an amp for them, but I'm unsure the route I want to go with the door subs.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
the factory HU powers the 4 5x7's... the Door subs have a factory amp (in the driver kick) already. Just get the Shelby/Kicker kit as its a drop in.... unless of course you want to start hacking door panels and bypassing the amps to get sound to the new door subs.

I also suggest sound deadner...

EDIT: IMHO, Ford did not design the shaker500/1000's with ease of upgrading in mind.

Back