Mustang GT 301A Tech Pkg

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
So my 2014 base Mustang GT does have one option. It's the 301A Tech Pkg and with that you get drivers side power seat, Microsoft Sync radio, auto dimmer. These come standard with the Premium Mustang GT which also adds leather trim seats, Sirius radio, LCD cluster and a few other things. The leather seats look nice new but look very stressed with just a few years on them. The LCD Track Apps Cluster I just added and works great. Really would like to add a Sirius radio but I have never seen a Ford add on kit or even a junkyard Sirius radio from a Premium Mustang.

DSC_0190.JPG

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to say anything but it’s strange comments like that that turn people away. That and when someone says anything critical you get offended. Look at the threads you start, they’re the reason why no one responds to them. Boss was trying to help you out. Maybe if you did your own research and articulated what you want to know, you’ll get a better answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to say anything but it’s strange comments like that that turn people away. That and when someone says anything critical you get offended. Look at the threads you start, they’re the reason why no one responds to them. Boss was trying to help you out. Maybe if you did your own research and articulated what you want to know, you’ll get a better answer.

Well I understand this Sync is a very old system anyway. Some say it only works sometimes. I really never used it. My Sync does not have a LCD screen so I am not sure how helpful the You Tube might be. If Boss can only come up with this, I am sure a You Tube on a 2014 Mustang GT Sync does not exist. It is true my Flip Phone was once owned by William Shatner.

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Well I understand this Sync is a very old system anyway. Some say it only works sometimes. I really never used it. My Sync does not have a LCD screen so I am not sure how helpful the You Tube might be. If Boss can only come up with this, I am sure a You Tube on a 2014 Mustang GT Sync does not exist. It is true my Flip Phone was once owned by William Shatner.

Have you tried doing any research at all?

Although I am a Trekkie I really don’t care who owned your phone before you and I don’t think anyone else here does either.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Have you tried doing any research at all?

Although I am a Trekkie I really don’t care who owned your phone before you and I don’t think anyone else here does either.

Sure. I do research on lots of stuff like William Shatner inventing the Flip Phone when he was a student at CMU. A nice Google item. This Ford Sync stuff is just about as obscure. Then I have been told none of the Coyote Mustang radios are interchangeable as the radio controls what the ECU does not. Rear tail lights would be one item. There are at least 20 radios for the 2014 Mustang. I did find a leather seat Shaker radio with the part number DR3T-19C157-CB that would have Sirius.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
One Ebay seller puts it bluntly. Coyote Mustang Cloth Seat Radios are completely different then Leather Seat Radios and will not interchange.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
So are you trying to add sync to your car? I literally just googled 14 mustang sync retrofit and got a few threads on how to do just that. Again it seems like you haven’t done any research.

Also I don’t know what kind of sites you’re going to but he did not invent the flip phone. If you’re trying to be funny it’s making you look stupid.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
So are you trying to add sync to your car? I literally just googled 14 mustang sync retrofit and got a few threads on how to do just that. Again it seems like you haven’t done any research.

Also I don’t know what kind of sites you’re going to but he did not invent the flip phone. If you’re trying to be funny it’s making you look stupid.

It's not called Sync but rather Sirius. Now who is stupid? Hey, I just happen to know William Shatner. He was a roommate with my uncle at CMU. My take with the 301A Tech Package, I got 1/3 of the Premium stuff less Leather Trim Seats, Shaker Radio Kit and Sirius and maybe fancy door sills. For sure Ford has at least 20 part numbers for radios used in the 2014 Mustang. Like with and without Nav or with or without Sync although all Premiums have Sync. My Sync badge for the 301A Tech Package on a Base Mustang GT.

DSC_0191.JPG

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
It's not called Sync but rather Sirius. Now who is stupid? Hey, I just happen to know William Shatner. He was a roommate with my uncle at CMU. My take with the 301A Tech Package, I got 1/3 of the Premium stuff less Leather Trim Seats, Shaker Radio Kit and Sirius and maybe fancy door sills. For sure Ford has at least 20 part numbers for radios used in the 2014 Mustang. Like with and without Nav or with or without Sync although all Premiums have Sync. My Sync badge for the 301A Tech Package on a Base Mustang GT.

View attachment 78102

You wanna start name calling? The pic you are asking about says SYNC. How about you read your own posts. I already said it a few posts back but if you want answers you need to articulate what you are asking. But I’m done, I really tried. I honestly think that you post this shit on purpose. Keep this dumb shit up and see how many people help you out in the future.

Reaction score

View attachment 78102

AFAIK all Ford Sync radios have integrated Sirius. You should have a SAT antenna on your trunk lid.

Ford vehicles compatible with SYNC and SYNC 3 technology have integrated Sirius XM Radio, and when you purchase a new Ford, you'll receive a complimentary 6-month prepaid “All Access” subscription. ... You'll also be able to use your subscription to enjoy SiriusXM on your smartphone and TV, too_Oct 15, 2019
https://www.bayfieldford.com/blog/ford-sync-and-sync3/#:~:text=Ford vehicles compatible with SYNC,prepaid “All Access” subscription.&text=You'll also be able,your smartphone and TV, too.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
AFAIK all Ford Sync radios have integrated Sirius. You should have a SAT antenna on your trunk lid.

Ford vehicles compatible with SYNC and SYNC 3 technology have integrated Sirius XM Radio, and when you purchase a new Ford, you'll receive a complimentary 6-month prepaid “All Access” subscription. ... You'll also be able to use your subscription to enjoy SiriusXM on your smartphone and TV, too_Oct 15, 2019
https://www.bayfieldford.com/blog/ford-sync-and-sync3/#:~:text=Ford vehicles compatible with SYNC,prepaid “All Access” subscription.&text=You'll also be able,your smartphone and TV, too.
That seems to be what I am looking for but it also seems I do not have Sirius. Then again maybe I do and just do not know it. When I push the Sirius button it says no radio. I also do not have a Sirius antenna. Maybe that is all I need to add.

Reaction score
That seems to be what I am looking for but it also seems I do not have Sirius. Then again maybe I do and just do not know it. When I push the Sirius button it says no radio. I also do not have a Sirius antenna. Maybe that is all I need to add.
Perhaps sync was added later. Do you have the subwoofers in the lower door panels? Again i believe all sync vehicles from the factory had Sirius.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Perhaps sync was added later. Do you have the subwoofers in the lower door panels? Again i believe all sync vehicles from the factory had Sirius.
Purchased the car new and the window sticker lists the 301A Tech Pkg with sync. My thinking, Sirius is already installed but without an antenna. One of Ford's little secrets. No subwoofers but I thought that was for the Shaker system. Lots of Premium Mustang damaged cars out there. The leather seats all look like hell but everything else seems good. No real reason why I can't retro fit Premium stuff on my base. Carvania has a 2014 low millage Mustang GT Premium for sale for $32,000. They also note the leather drivers seat is cracked and faded.

Reaction score
I did a little searching and that package does not include Sirius on the base GT. you can add it for $59 from Sirius. Premiums got Sirius and the "Shaker" woofers. You have the base radio. My leather seats are perfect on my 2012 premium but I park it out of the sun and use leather conditioner regularly. $32,000 sounds high to me for 2014 but used car prices are thru the roof lately.

Available Equipment Group

Equipment Group 301A – Tech Package includes
Ford SYNC® voice-activated, in-vehicle connectivity
system; steering wheel-mounted audio controls; 6-way
power driver’s seat; and auto-dimming rearview mirror

https://www.mustangspecs.com/2014-mustang-options/

Last edited:

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I did a little searching and that package does not include Sirius on the base GT. you can add it for $59 from Sirius. Premiums got Sirius and the "Shaker" woofers. You have the base radio. My leather seats are perfect on my 2012 premium but I park it out of the sun and use leather conditioner regularly. $32,000 sounds high to me for 2014 but used car prices are thru the roof lately.

Available Equipment Group

Equipment Group 301A – Tech Package includes
Ford SYNC® voice-activated, in-vehicle connectivity
system; steering wheel-mounted audio controls; 6-way
power driver’s seat; and auto-dimming rearview mirror

https://www.mustangspecs.com/2014-mustang-options/

That is what I have. Ford wanted $700 to add Sirius and their reason is the car had to be completely reprogramed for a Sirius radio. Some junkyards say the same thing. That a Premium radio will not play in a Base Mustang. One junkyard said it was mostly in the brake lights.

Reaction score
That is what I have. Ford wanted $700 to add Sirius and their reason is the car had to be completely reprogramed for a Sirius radio. Some junkyards say the same thing. That a Premium radio will not play in a Base Mustang. One junkyard said it was mostly in the brake lights.

A quick search seems to say that it is a plug and play swap that many have done. And that Sirius works fine with no reprograming.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/stock-standard-stereo-shaker-500-upgrade-501010/

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
A quick search seems to say that it is a plug and play swap that many have done. And that Sirius works fine with no reprograming.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/stock-standard-stereo-shaker-500-upgrade-501010/

Yes I did see this but it is an older Mustang. There is something about the 2014 radio and tail lights. Anyway I guess I can always try it if I can get a 2014 Premium Radio cheap enough. This is the same guy who found out cloth to leather seats are not exactly plug and play. He ended up taking the leather off and installing it on the cloth seats. Would be nice if the Sirius stuff is in all sync radios like Ford originally said. Then I just need an antenna.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back