Mustang Truck

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is taking a rear seat delete to a whole new level.
I don't hate it

Marty333

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I started the wing yesterday...having a local shop laser cut the wing supports. Hoping to get them today. Yes I'd like to add a bed cover...maybe a simple semi-gloss black marine vinyl covered panel that swings up. I'll post some pics of the wing when I get it mocked-up. can't decide what color/sheen to paint the wing...maybe leave the supports brushed aluminum...IDK. Regarding the interior...I had to cut (obviously) the original rear side panels to fit the rear area plus around the roll bars that are welded to the top of each side. I'll try and get some pics of it too. I built a speaker box across the rear window as a package tray/sill...it has 4 speakers across it. The rear window is a polycarbonate plastic and used regular glass adhesive to mount it. seems to be holding real good and sealed real good. The wing (when I mocked it up) changes the rear look and IMO looks a lot better...doesn't look so bobbed. As for the tires rubbing on the sheet metal fenders, I cut two inches off all the springs and added some castor bolts on the front end. Yes the tires rub in the rear but only when I have a passenger ride along and only on bumps. I added some rubber spring spacers to keep the rear stiffer...the front is fine as-is except when going downhill and turning with more weight on the front. I'm thinking of getting some new aftermarket coil-overs, adjustable with hard springs. I cut too much off the springs haha. But hey that's how we learn...by screwing up right? I thought I did enough research before but actually doing it really tells the tale. Yes I had fun doing the project...had a ton of welding and grinding...went through 3 big/tall tanks of argon (thanks in part of others using the welder on their projects too). I've got it for sale on offerup in olympia, wa but after the wing is on and quieter mufflers I might keep it :). I can't hear my new stereo haha.

Marty333

Reaction score
I also added an A-pillar 3-gauge pod with a water temp, oil pressure and volts...was easy except for having to get adaptor kits for the senders to hookup to the V6. I wanted mechanical gauges but they don't make any with long enough sender cables to reach the engine so had to go with electrical gauges :(. If anyone out there gets the adaptor kits, they didn't allow any place to ground them (the in-line water temp adaptor)...had to figure out how to ground them....was just another learning curve.

JimC

Reaction score
Did you put this up for sale? I just saw a thread on Facebook with all of your pictures and the car for sale. I thought it odd that nothing was said in this thread, and that you are starting on the wing just 3 days ago, to be putting it up for sale and wondered if someone is running a scam using your car.

Marty333

Reaction score
Yes it’s for sale. A friend of mine put it on there. I figured if it doesn’t sell I’d like the wing on it. Still waiting for the shop to la

Marty333

Reaction score
Yes I had the supports laser cut...but there are a couple small imperfections...like the laser wiggled or something...so I am thinking of filling the imperfects (they are only about a 1/16" notch) and painting them. What color should I paint the wing and supports? was thinking a matt black like the hood stripes or a high gloss black or maybe the same blue???

DieHarder

Reaction score
From the front looks like the Darth Vader of Mustangs. Kinda cool looking.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back