My long awaited B302 build!!

Snakethat

forum member
Reaction score
I have been planning this for a few years now. I had purchased all the misc. parts and I was getting ready to have it done fall of last year. I ended up having to cancel my request with brenspeed b/c of a situation with my job. I ended up taking a few months off since I traveled extensively to North Dakota. I ended up taking a consulting job back up there so that enabled me to finish what I had started so long ago. My journey began with several emails to the owner (brent) as to when I could get my car shipped up there. I really had no way to get it there as I was working for two straight months (Jan,Feb) so he offered to have it trailered from my house to his shop. I was taken back by his offer since he wasn't charging me. So they picked up my car in Feb. and off she went.
The build was top notch in my opinion. I did a few things that was suggested by Brent. We used ID injectors as those make tuning the car much easier and since its DD it was important to me to have it always running properly so I didn't mind spending the extra money for them. We also changed out the gears in the oil pump. Used billet gears. Basically for insurance. We also changed out the input shaft since I will be tracking the car. They were also nice enough to buy back some of the mods that they could sell easily. Im the type that doesn't want to mess with that stuff or have it in my garage forever. Hell I have Airraid CAI still in my garage b'c it wouldn't sell.
Basically they did it all, changed fluids, break in of the motor which takes awhile especially considering the winter we had. They do 300 miles at 40 mile intervals for break in. So when I went to pick it up it was ready for me stomp on it!! They even washed her up and vaccumed it out.
So here are some pics of the work and dyno vid taken by an employee at brenspeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuWKYC7v6rY
The first time I drove it was this past Sunday. I had planned on picking it up Thursday but northern Indiana had gotten some more snow and brent needed more time to tune. So we set up a time to get it Saturday. Well my wife and I wake up and its raining and 36 degrees out. I figured it should warm up as the day goes on well I was wrong. We got just south of Kokomo and the rain turned snow (big Flakes). Brent called and asked if I was gonna pick it up and I said we actually just turned around to go home. So we scheduled for the next day (sunday) for pickup. Much nicer day (50 degrees). Brent took me for a joyous ride and then explained to me a few things. One of which I was surprised by is that you don't use synthetic motor oil for these. You only use conventional!!! It was a pleasure doing business with brenspeed again. They always deliver a very good product. Special thanks goes out to the team and the owner for always answering my questions and getting my car up there to get the build started.
Im sad to say im away for work and wont be able to drive it until I get back which is about a week and half from today. Hopefully mother nature will cooperate and I can get to the track for a test and tune!! And yes she runs amazingly strong!!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I see Kent built your engine. Well let me tell you, you won't have to worry about it. The guy knows what he's doing. He built my B326. Next to myself, he was the only one I would trust. I don't have time or space for big projects like that in my garage so Brenspeed was the only place for me. Brent knows how to take care of his customers and is one of the most honest, straight forward guys there are. And yes, they washed and cleaned my car too. I also stayed in the guesthouse which was great! In all my 45 years, Brenspeed has given me the best customer service "experience" from start to finish. It's no wonder they stay packed with work all the time.

Congrats on the build!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad it went well for you! Enjoy!

Snakethat

forum member
Reaction score
I see Kent built your engine. Well let me tell you, you won't have to worry about it. The guy knows what he's doing. He built my B326. Next to myself, he was the only one I would trust. I don't have time or space for big projects like that in my garage so Brenspeed was the only place for me. Brent knows how to take care of his customers and is one of the most honest, straight forward guys there are. And yes, they washed and cleaned my car too. I also stayed in the guesthouse which was great! In all my 45 years, Brenspeed has given me the best customer service "experience" from start to finish. It's no wonder they stay packed with work all the time.

Congrats on the build!

I couldn't agree more they do a fantastic job. I'm just lucky enough to have them in my backyard. Hell my parents live about 5 miles from there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back